Join now - be part of our community!

TV wont turn on after Oreo

profile.country.GB.title
AdamW3
New

TV wont turn on after Oreo

I have a KD-49XD8305 and I recently updated my TV firmware to 8.0 (oreo). Since then, every other day the TV wont turn on. It wont turn on with either the remote or the button on the TV. The only way I can get this to turn on is to unplug at the mains for about 15 seconds and when I plug it back in, it will allow me to turn on again. Anyone else having a similar issue since the update or know of any solution?

38 REPLIES 38
profile.country.GB.title
Mrnwink
Explorer

Same issue here, thought I was going mad, what's really annoying is the same day I upgraded my firmware I recommended a Sony Android TV to a very good friend, be very embarrassing if he gets the same issue!!!
profile.country.GB.title
Atrain59
New

I’m having the same issue. Did the update and now I have to unplug and plug back in everyday to turn the tv on. I bought this tv 2 years ago and have had no issues til now.

Has anyone found a fix or contacted SONY about the issue? I’ll be reaching out in the next day or two
chicheung
New

Same here with XE93. Have to unplug first then power up. Come on Sony, this is unacceptable. We need a urgent fix!

Scakko
Explorer

Same problem here on my AG8 65". Every day I have to unplug it and plug back in, happened after upgrading to Oreo.

profile.country.GB.title
igorstaro1
Explorer

Same problem here, just updated my 55xe8596 to Oreo a few days ago and now my tv won't turn on, I have to unplug it and plug it every day, even few times during the day. Greetings from Macedonia, I`m furious about this, I loved my tv but now Sony simply ruined my experience with them. What a beginner mistake from Sony to not check the update before letting this update publicly. Shame on Sony. 

profile.country.PE.title
jcstoll
Explorer

Last week I upgraded my xbr-55x905f to Oreo.  I regret not reading this post before upgrading.  Now, one out of five times I have to unplug the TV in order to turn it on.  I have read that it is not possible to downgrade to V7.0 officially.  Is there any way to do it in a creative way?  This is really annoying.  Sony's poor quality control has turned a happy customer into a frustrated one.

p_diggs
New

I've read that the sleep may be due to a USB device. I've removed my SanDisk and after 3 days, still good <knocks on wood>
Now if I can only figure out why spotify stops after 2hrs, but that's another thread.
profile.country.PE.title
jcstoll
Explorer

p_diggs, thanks for sharing.

I am following your lead.

Yesterday, I removed my USB pen drive.  By the way, it was showed as ejected before I did it.

I also disconnected my home theater (ARC).  

Hope it solves the issue.  

Best luck, let's share our results.

profile.country.GB.title
Atrain59
New

I called Sony and filled a complaint. I received a case number and have not heard nothing back since two weeks ago. Seems to me that Sony doesn’t care about the issue. 

profile.country.US.title
Ace7of7Hearts
Explorer

So I posted a possible solution and idk if ppl seen it or tried it but it worked for me didn't have that problem again. Just turn off Eco and auto shut off.

Tags (4)