Join now - be part of our community!

Iplayer stopped working on Sony BD-370 Bluray

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Iplayer stopped working on Sony BD-370 Bluray

Suddenly, choosing Iplayer on my Sony Bluray, I just get the message: "The server response is invalid. No further redirection can be done." Lovefilm, Channel 5 and all other internet services are working fine.

Anyone else having the same or similar problems?  Is it a temporary outage just effecting Iplayer on Sony TV? (Wii Iplayer working fine but the quality is rubbish on that...)

26 REPLIES 26
paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Here's a link to the digitalspy thread on the same topic..

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60812350&posted=1#post60812350

phaps60
Visitor

same here smp-n200, all other content works fine.

Stopped working on 30th

paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Seems to be back on!  Thanks to everyone who posted and reported.. can't have done any harm in terms of publicising the problem.

Catmambo
Contributor

I think this has been fixed now - nothing was changed on the Sony side and seemingly after lunch yesterday BBC changed something and now everything is working again.

Apologies for any inconvenience

phaps60
Visitor

Seems to have stopped again, but different this time. Just stays on the home page and wont play anything.

All other content ok.

frediokl
Visitor

Bought an S185 yesterday and have the same problem. It actually half worked the first time I used it, could navigate but not play videos. Now I just get the screensaver and it locks up the box. Needs a 3 pin reset to get it back. The iplayer was the main reason i bought the box.

Also moshcam does not display videos if using the composite connection. This also seems to be a know problem.

Come on Sony, pull your finger out and fix the problems instead of blaming others.

I used to buy Sony because of the quality of the product, they had an excellent reputation, more expensive but you knew you were getting the best. You could not beat a triniton tv! Looks like their philosophy has changed. Cheap and cheerful, replace cheerful with a word begining with s! Don't think I'll buy Sony again.

ibchowarth
Visitor

We have been without iPlayer through our BDP S370 for a couple of weeks or more. We can get it through our  Bravia TV, but the picture quality is not as good. The home page works fine but when we actually select Play, after a while the message 'A timeout occured while sending the HTTP request' comes up.

Is there anything we can do or anyone to go to for help?! Please!!

NorthMonkey

I've got a not dissimilar problem on my BDP S370.  I can access IPlayer and view programs from the main entry screen and any of the 'Most Popular' listings in the browser.  However if I choose any of the days e.g. Sat 24th, Fri 23rd etc, the spinning activity icon next to the Alphabetical listings boxes appears and nothing else happens.  I've tried leaving it for several minutes, no luck. 

Accessing through Virgin Media.  Proxy server option disabled after it stopped all online apps working. 

Help!

woody2shooz
Explorer

frediokl wrote:

Bought an S185 yesterday and have the same problem. It actually half worked the first time I used it, could navigate but not play videos. Now I just get the screensaver and it locks up the box. Needs a 3 pin reset to get it back. The iplayer was the main reason i bought the box.

Also moshcam does not display videos if using the composite connection. This also seems to be a know problem.

Come on Sony, pull your finger out and fix the problems instead of blaming others.

I used to buy Sony because of the quality of the product, they had an excellent reputation, more expensive but you knew you were getting the best. You could not beat a triniton tv! Looks like their philosophy has changed. Cheap and cheerful, replace cheerful with a word begining with s! Don't think I'll buy Sony again.

Same here. Got mine yesterday and iPlayer locks the box.

It was actually a replacement, the previous one had stopped playing DVDs but iPlayer was fine.

Can Sony release a fix for this?

woody2shooz
Explorer

now working. I know not how or why:smileyhappy: