Join now - be part of our community!

Iplayer stopped working on Sony BD-370 Bluray

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Iplayer stopped working on Sony BD-370 Bluray

Suddenly, choosing Iplayer on my Sony Bluray, I just get the message: "The server response is invalid. No further redirection can be done." Lovefilm, Channel 5 and all other internet services are working fine.

Anyone else having the same or similar problems?  Is it a temporary outage just effecting Iplayer on Sony TV? (Wii Iplayer working fine but the quality is rubbish on that...)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Seems to be back on!  Thanks to everyone who posted and reported.. can't have done any harm in terms of publicising the problem.

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
jollytoad
Visitor

I'm getting exactly the same problem today on our Bluray player too (I think it's the same model).

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer seems to be working fine though.

phitoop
Visitor

Having the same problem tonight with BD570. Suspect it must be iplayer on sony equipment.

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Same here, hope that it's fixed soon.

jones37108
Visitor

Ditto - I get a blank screen with the following URL http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/?avkb=mc,B:27

Juramoon
Visitor

Yes this problem has happened to me. All network connections are good and all of my other devices can access IPlayer. But not my Sony blue ray.

EdinKent
Visitor

Same here. I get that url in dark blue on my bdp-s480

standrewac
Visitor

:thinking: Yup- and here also. Tried all the obvious solutions, but no change. Sems to be a fairly common problem. All OK on laptop and tablet and all other connections work fine. What is going on?

gianb58
Explorer

Same problem here on a sony KDL_32EX724. It's just the bbc iplayer, other content can be accessed without any problem

paulgrecothompson
Visitor

Something to do with the changes to Iplayer -- must have changed the URL Sony devices connect to.. so I guess either BBC have to change it back or Sony need to issue some sort of an update.. any chance this could be done QUICKLY Sony reps??!!