Join now - be part of our community!

Recording unavailable in youview mode?!

Itchigo53
Explorer

Recording unavailable in youview mode?!

All, installed the update and have now been notified I can record.  Got a usb hdd plugged in but when I press the record button either on live tv or epg for a future programme I have the msg pop up "the button is unavailable in youview mode" ! I've searched and no one else seems to have this error. 

Thanks.

68 REPLIES 68
Itchigo53
Explorer

In my anger typing I forgot to add it's a android bravia.

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

It has been answered before YouView was never offered with a recording as it is a copyright issue. This is the taken from Currys site :- 

YouView offers you a consistant and easy-to-use experience, and includes scroll back, search, catch up TV and discover features. It includes access to all the normal free-to-air channels using the YouView guide and mini guide. Please note that HDD recording (REC) and satellite features will not be available when YouView functions are enabled.

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

No copyright issue, just not implemented by Sony. YouView on other platforms is fully recordable.

profile.country.GB.title
John1950Hitchin

Sony IE TV T&Cs

http://www.youview.com/terms-conditions/Sony/

Maybe items 6.1 and 6.1.1 covers the rights issue with the providers which Sony hasn't got or applied for.

Itchigo53
Explorer

The tv forced me to upgrade to youview. Is it possible to go back to sonys tuner to record then, is it even worth it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To disable YouView

1. Press [Home] button on the remote control
  2. Go to 'Settings'
  3. Go to 'Channel Setup'
  4. Go to 'YouView Setup'
  5. Select 'Disable YouView'
  6. Select 'Yes' to confirm

Same process to re-enable it again.

Cheers

djsat2
New

This is not the answer, Youview provides recording capability and a feature funtion of it's mobile app is the ability to set your box to record a show remotly.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

You may not like the answer, as its not ideal, but unfortunately disabling youview on Sony TVs in order to record is the answer.  You never know, it may change in the future....

You can remotely record via Sonys app called Video and TV Sideview.

SpaceMidget75
Explorer

Hi,

I know recording is not available with YouView enabled, but can someone tell me (or test for me) if timeshifting is still available?

I'm not fussed about recording programmes when I have access to the catch-up apps, but pausing live TV is vitally important for a TV for me.

Thanks