Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bravia warranty

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Sony bravia warranty

Hi,

Anyone been able to claim on the Sony bravia TV warranty? I have an issue with the screen on my oled TV and about 2 weeks ago a customer service representative stated the TV need replacement. However they have since gone quiet and keep on saying the issue is being investigated. "Please wait 48 hours". This has been going on with the the same statement for about a week now. When I checked the status of my claim on the Sony app it states "return closed. Thank you for enjoying Sony equipment". Is it normal not to get any form of feedback?  

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Pumpkinlove36,

Welcome to the community.

I'll look into this for you and see if I can find out. Someone else in the community may be able to advise in the meantime.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Hi,

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Pumpkinlove36 

I’m not sure @Pascale_F  isn’t just a bot, putting our placeholder messages.

But your normal redress in the UK is against the retailer; have you contacted them?

How old is the set, and how long is the warranty, and did the retailer supply it, or did you buy it separately?

Even if the retailer’s warranty period has expired, if they supplied you with an extended Sony warranty that is not being honoured, liability falls back on them, so at the very least you should be able to enjoin them to firmly ask Sony to expedite matters.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I bought the TV from Curry's pc world I have tried to call them but they redirect me to Sony. Luckily I paid via credit card so have started a section 75 under the consumer credit act and have asked for a complete refund. 

profile.country.GB.title
Pumpkinlove36

Ps. The TV developed to fault about 11 months after I purchased it.