Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
Kadlinko

Hi guys. In Friday I was talking with Sony support. Right now they sent me an email with link to new software update. In email they say that this should solve the problem.

But at the end of email they admit that it do not have to solve it. I will go home during lunch break and i will try to install new software. Then I will write what happened.

ivi.hamiti
Explorer

Hopefully it resolves the issue, cross fingers now

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@Kadlinko

What is the name of that file? the one they sent to me last week didnt work, just to check

mine was sony_tvclrupgr_2015_2459_eua_auth.zip

Please confirm

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

@vick18

nothing, yet...

profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer

I also got a link to the new update. With me not working

Kadlinko

@vick18 wrote:

@Kadlinko

What is the name of that file? the one they sent to me last week didnt work, just to check

Please confirm

@vick18 they sent me this one: 

• sony_tvupdate_2015_3845_eua_auth.zip
profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

I was called, again, from service: is necessary to send the TV.

They do not have, yet, solutions online.

Kadlinko

Sony support called me right now. They told me that I am one of the first who will try this new update. After that they will call me again. They want to know if it works or they have to find out another way.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

how is it possible apply a solution by: sending away the tv/patching/doing-nothing...?

are they multiple nonworking solutions? test and error perhaps

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

vick18 wrote:

can you please share those files? give us the link you got in the mail so others can try it