Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

hush... you must be kidding! WHAT with this video? look how to kill the tv?

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Of course the update worked for some lucky guys, thats not the point here.

not to mention something brand new should work at least for someone out there

Anyway. Monday morning! we need news

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

After discussion with Center Support Sony Romania, conclusion is simple: I pack it and send it in service.
I waiting a call from service centre for details.
Keep in touch!

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

what?

did you send your unit to support because of the black screen? can you please explain?

Latgalec68
Explorer

It what turns out now, should be sent the TV to service at own expense?

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

I'm waiting for corrected 6.1 update! and an apology...

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Yes, today I will send (do not pay anything) TV to authorized service.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

i dont understand anything. they gonna do exactly what? they said they dont know who to solve the issue what ever can possibly do a hardware technician? change the tvs motherboard?

i'm getting mad, so many calls and they only thing they said is "we escalate the issue to a higher level", what level is this? they dont even know the name of this "level"

are up to them if they want to get rip off me and my tv for 30 days, maybe 40...? what about if they find no solution at all, do i have to wait for ages until they are willing to do something?

man, this is insane already

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

I was called, now, from service:sending stopped.

Maybe resolve without movement.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

what did they say?