Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

we should ask sony to give us free year ps plus in return or bluetooth speaker maybe... :wink:

profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer

sony should solve this problem with the highest priority ...

Ralf1410

@Solidfire wrote:

Hi

Mine is 43" as well! To be more exact mine is kdl-43w808c.

I already send a ticket to sony suport ro.

I hardly can wait to hear from them! 

I'm absolutely ***** because of this stupid problem.

It's clear to me that they haven't tested this update before releasing it to the general public.

Big disappointment.

There was no need to do some extensive testing. They only needed to install new update and voilà. It's just too stupid. On Friday, I spoke on the phone with technical support, they told me to reset the TV (VOL- & power TV), but that didn't help.

jcmctavern
Explorer

After having this problem since Tuesday (I have a 43W805C), the TV changed to a solid red light this afternoon, after I pressed the power button on the remote control I heard the TV turn on and music started playing out of it, like it's been factory resetted. BUT it still has a black screen and the green and orange flashing light is back.

profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer

How many people have this problem all across Europe? I guess 8000. Sony should issue a swing and repair FW.

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

c'mon sony!!!

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

it worked for some, this guy has the 43W809C https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7nuQNRFr9k

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

Hi all

Acording to some people this issue is only with the tv's manufactured in the 2nd half of 2016. 

This thing apply's to you?

To me it does!

I think it has something to do with the revision of some models.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

and mine

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

After we talk with Call Center Support Sony, please resume here, in two words, the conclusions.