Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.CZ.title
kodein
Explorer
profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

can you please share the link to the file you got in mail: sony_tvclrupgr_2015_2459_eua_auth.zip

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

I've been talking with the support centre and they told me that they do not advise me to send the tv into service because they are working on an non-ivasive solution to this problem. I guess we have to wait. 

In the meenwhile we are little white mice for them to experiment with.

I'm verry disapointed.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Curious, my TV was accespted to be send to service. Maybe because mine has problems with CI +

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

found sony_tvclrupgr_2015_2459_eua_auth & sony_tvclrupgr_2015_2459_eub_auth

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HUSH2H

Careful on those files - one is for a 2K tv and the other for 4K ...

Also, has anyone tried re-installing the firmware? 

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

@HUSH2His it working?

profile.country.RO.title
Solidfire
Explorer

I didn't received any file, so i can't share something that i don't have!

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

on the other page i saw 3 people saying they got a file from sony

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@HUSH2H

*2459 is the file sony mail me thrusday. I already tried to explain that is a patch for a problem relating with android screen rebooting into a loop

@Anonymous

I did try to reinstall firmware from usb. But nothing happens there

They have just called me right now. They told me they want to try some buttoms settings connecting the usd loaded with firmare.

I will let you know