Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

I really can't believe how long Sony are taking to fix this problem, it's passed the stage of embarrassment now.. Unless it's actually not repairable by another fireware update and the original has already caused damage or corruption that can't be fixed.

Ralf1410

What about some official announcement from SONY? Nothing? Affraid of bad PR?

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

c'mon sony programers!!! wake up...

Ralf1410

SONY technical support

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

a friend found a service manual for Sony tvs: Amber/Green Blinking = Error of panel ID

SONY TV LED

Ralf1410

Send it to SONY, looks like they don't have this manual.  :slight_smile:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though the screenshot above says amber/green = error of panel ID.  It could also be a case of a combination of these lights.  For example it says Amber = Red+Green.

So, you could have:

• Power On = (Solid) Green  + Blinking red for Failure - hence Amber+Green; or
  • Picture Off = (Solid) Green + Blinking red for Failure - hence Amber+Green;

etc.

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

how it s possible to fix this ID error?

KDL-43W808C 

Gleb_off

Quinnicus lol

you get paid for your jokes?

profile.country.GB.title
vacalimar

i dont know if i mentioned this before but my tv is kdl43w755c. c'mon sony...