Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Okay here its what happened.

Support has told me to follow the latest instruction we are all did on the last 2 pages. So as yours... nothing new.

They told me they ran out of ideas so they will be sending the techinician to come over my place. I dunno what he can possibly do, maybe chage the HD so the firmware is off and a new one will be restoring my tv? its the only thing i can think of a hardware technician can do about it.

Jhinwxm

charlesdavies - I have the exact same TV as you. I have just tried the suggested fix and it did absolutely nothing. Don't waste your time.

mrspidi

Hi guys, Poland here. Me and couple of others have same issue. But unlikely to us, you are getting some sort of feedback from Sony - we don't. Personally, I don't want to send my tv to the service. Once or twice my phones were there and always came back little damaged.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

Do not scare me!
My TV is already in service! 

:rolling_eyes:

mikebennett60
Explorer

After checking for an update from customer service (3rd call) I was recommended to 

try to update via USB as per previous posts.

Just downloaded firmware and plugged in blind. Hit OK on the remote a few times.

Aerial was disconnected but after waiting 2 or 3 minutes I get calming *how unappropriate*

music which I guess is the initial setup music. So I'm guessing it did reflash but it doesn't 

seem to have made any difference. Still flashing green and amber.

What I can't understand is why there isn't some kind of emergency safe mode or 'golden 

image' stored in flash so you can always access a bootloader from on screen. 

4 days and counting.... *sigh* 

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

This error code: blinking green and amber, I suppose that means something.
There should be a starting point for programmers, no?
I suppose it's not a random "visual message".

Ralf1410

It seems they don't know what it means. Maybe only one sensei-level dev in Japan knows this dark secret message. :wink: 

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

Same ***** but here is monday allready, still blinking amber/green put the new software, fallowed the latest steps, tryed witha recovery software too, didnt workd, well now i am letting the tv work all night and hope tomorrow to see a miracle!

peace love and fk TV!!

charlesdavies
Explorer

Yes, you are correct, it did nothing, still flashing green and amber. I understand that no one has had a resolution to this 

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

@Ralf1410 wrote:

Maybe only one sensei-level dev in Japan knows this dark secret message. :wink: 

the file is stored on the .JP website: http://tv.update.sonyvisual.co.jp so i guess the japanese put it together