Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Hello tuesday!

Error of panel id.... seems like we are getting.... nowehere. Lets see what this new day bring to us.

morning everyone

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

good morning, for me is not that much of a dissaster still got another Sony, older one not that smart but still working :))

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

doesnt matter if you have 1 or 5 tvs, the thing is you already paid for one of them so that product should fit its purpose, along with its guarantee

Any news today?

alexbatyan
Explorer

I have same problem. black screen and led flashing green-orange. KDL-43W755C

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

Here is what they tell me after receiving a call from the techinician

He's going to change the motherboard, period.

I guess it's not the solution but a safe way to go around the problem.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

My TV was arrived at service, to Bucharest.
I wait for diagnostics and conclusions.

alexbatyan
Explorer

My TV is in service - Arad, Romania. Waiting solution to solve the problem.

Servicing said that Sony is working to fix the problem. Still do not know how to start tv.

profile.country.RO.title
gabize
Explorer

replacing motherboard, maybe?

Ralf1410

@vacalimar wrote:

I'm at work wright now, i got this mesage... see you later.

We are sorry to hear about your issue. Please perform the following in order to resolve it  :

1. Download the software package file from the support website for your model. Un-zip and copy the extracted software package file to the root of an empty USB stick (don't put the file in a sub-folder).
  2. Un-plug the TV from the Mains.
  3. Plug TV into Main and wait for 20s.
  4. Turn the unit ON via button on remote
  5. Insert the USB stick with software package into the USB slot located at the side of the TV set.
  6. A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions.
  7. First, the TV will copy update file from USB, then the POWER indicator will start flashing under updating process (White colour) (5 minutes). An Update Icon will be shown on screen under updating
  8. After approximately 30 minutes, the TV will reboot to complete the update.
    CAUTION: During the firmware installation process, do not remove the USB device, switch off the TV set or remove the power.
  9. When the firmware update is complete, a message is displayed on the TV.
    It is now safe to remove your USB device from the USB slot.

A few minutes ago, I received the same instructions from polish support. Idiots. Idiots everywhere.