Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

profile.country.GB.title
HUSH2H

[Master Thread] - Marshmallow Update - Amber/Green Blinking LEDs

I believe this issue deserves a separate thread since it is affecting so many people around Europe. After Sony released the update i put it on a SONY stick and proceed to upgrade, the tv was reporting: 'updating' then it restarted but it did not come back - black screen and led flashing green-orange! Tried all the tricks to get it to work but no luck so far

Lots of people complain abotu this issue on a russian forum: 'Killed sony kdl43w808c, Slovakia, 11/2016. I called Sony support. Told not to turn off the TV set or disconnect it from the Internet, as update should come, correcting this problem'

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

l6ZLMfP3TQlNu.gif

426 REPLIES 426
alexbatyan
Explorer

I followed the instructions but light flashes green and orange.

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

Same instructions we got all of us!

the trick is point 4. because the TV restarts without pressing the power on remote. and it doesent receive the USB  instalation as fresh install.

it looks like we have to send it to service as many of roumanians did, and it looks like they will change something as motherboard, waiting for new drivers would be in vain.

i will try that new things,hoping the TV wont auto start. if any one knows how we can do it the point 2 and 3 without the TV restart alone it might be a good option.

i l try this steps again when i l get home later today and keep you posted!

unless other option apears till!

all bests!

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@gabize

that's what i have said

charlesdavies
Explorer

UK here. Having spoken 3 times with Sony support, they are booking a technican to assess the TV as a call out. I will update how this goes.

Kadlinko

Hi,

Sony support just called me. My TV have to go to service. They do not know how to fix it over the phone and have to change firmware. So I am totally ***** off. If nothing special happen I think all of TV have to go to service.

Have a nice day if it possible.

vetvicka
Explorer

i just get call from czech sony support, they said that the tv need to go to the service to upload new firmware.

they also said that all tv affected by this problem need to go to the service.

profile.country.GB.title
Kevin8098

@Ralf1410 wrote:

@vacalimar wrote:

We are sorry to hear about your issue. Please perform the following in order to resolve it  :

1. A series of different messages will appear on the TV screen - follow the on screen instructions.

I was under the impression the tv's have a blank screen so how can you follow the onscreen instructions?

Ralf1410

Magic. :question:

profile.country.RO.title
razvpop

so it seems we have to send to service....

alexbatyan
Explorer

Romania Sony Support, said:

Thank you for contacting Sony Customer Information Centre. Regarding your problem, I can inform you that you have to follow these steps: 

1. Download the update file using the steps listed in the following internet address: https://www.sony.ro/support/ro/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/kd-2k-2015-android-models-update -ver3845 / KDL-43W808C 

2. Disconnect the TV from the power source for about 2-3 minutes. 

3. Reconnect the TV to the power supply and wait at least 20 seconds. 

4. Insert stick into the TV and press the power button. 

5. LED TV will display white meaning that the update file has been recognized and the process will take a minimum of 30 minutes before restarting the TV. (The process can take between 30 minutes and 2 hours)