Join now - be part of our community!

Info Bar keeps appearing every few seconds on brand new Sony TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

Info Bar keeps appearing every few seconds on brand new Sony TV

Got new Sony Tv today the KDL40WE663

I connect my Desktop PC to it using a HDMI lead, Since doing this every few seconds the Tv's info bar keeps appearing!  It is really annoying!  I have noticed it happenes when i am browsing through Facebook and scroll past a video, Or i play a video on youtube etc... 

I have tried with 3 x HDMI cables and all do the same so it is not the lead.  My PC worked perfectly fine on my old Sony TV for 8 years!

I have googled it and came accross a few other people with the same issue, And a solution was to turn off the info bar.  But on my TV i do not have that option or at least i am unable to find it.

Please someone help me out as i am going to be sending this TV back if there is no fix for this.  I did call Sony helpline today but got nowhere.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi evertonfc344,

Your TV is not an Android TV but runs on Linux. So actually it would have been better if you had posted your question on the Other TVs board. But since you already posted here let me try to help.

First off, the option to turn off the Info Bar is only available on Android TVs. That explains why you can't find the option on your TV. Secondly could you for testing purposes try changing the Default Playback device for sound in Windows from your Sony TV back to the PC. After changing the Default Playback device you need to sign-out and login again to Windows to force all applications to pick the change. Then check to see if you still get the Info Bar appearing frequently as before.

Depending on your result there could be a few workarounds to fix your issue.

Cheers,

Dutchice

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi evertonfc344,

Your TV is not an Android TV but runs on Linux. So actually it would have been better if you had posted your question on the Other TVs board. But since you already posted here let me try to help.

First off, the option to turn off the Info Bar is only available on Android TVs. That explains why you can't find the option on your TV. Secondly could you for testing purposes try changing the Default Playback device for sound in Windows from your Sony TV back to the PC. After changing the Default Playback device you need to sign-out and login again to Windows to force all applications to pick the change. Then check to see if you still get the Info Bar appearing frequently as before.

Depending on your result there could be a few workarounds to fix your issue.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, I didn't know it was not android sorry.  Yeah sure i can try that but could you explain how to change the sound to default please?

Another problem i have noticed today is, Since i set the clock yesterday on the TV i had to do it manually as the auto time did not seem to work, Anyway since turning the tv on today the clock has reset and the date.

profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

Not sure if i did what you said, But i went into control panel, then sound i then changed default sound from HDMI Nvidea Out to - Realtek High definition Audio.  Since changing this, i have no sound out of my TV so i plugged my sound bar into my PC so i do now have sound.  

But the info bar so far is not appearing! So looks like this is the issue?  Very interesting.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Yes, that was exactly the right way to do it. Try to use it for some time in this way as I think the sound quality is even better. If the Info Bar issue is solved for good, you might want to keep your setup in this way.

Cheers, keep us posted!

profile.country.GB.title
evertonfc344
Explorer

Thank you very much sir, Yes it appears to have solved the problem.  I will keep it this way unless i come accross a another fix.

Thank you very much for your input and help, It has been driving me mad.  Strange how it worked perfectly fine on my old Sony Tv though for the last 7 years.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Give yourself a pat on the back, you earned it!