Join now - be part of our community!

Xiaomi Mi Box Voice Search

profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

Xiaomi Mi Box Voice Search

Bought an Xiaomi Mi Box 3 hoping it would be similar and better that the ~2016 Sony TV I had, which of course had Android TV built in.
I ended up returning the TV due to various technical failures but let's not open that can of worms.

The one feature that worked really well on the Sony was the Side load phone app, think that's what it was called.

Basically if you did a voice search for a Movie it would return hits from several sources, e.g. Web, YouTube etc. Including from my shares on my NAS. You could then select the hit from my NAS and play it. If I remember correctly all this worked without setting up any library or pointing the TV to the NAS/shares.

So my long question is, is there a similar app/function on the Mi Box?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@Stevevalo  schrieb:

So my long question is, is there a similar app/function on the Mi Box?

Hello @Stevevalo,

since this is the Sony community and you are asking about a Xiaomi product, I doubt (unless someone else owns the same product) you will get a reply here.

I recommend to check out the Xiaomi subreddit or the Xiaomi community.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

Hello @IamNic

Thanks for the reply and I do agree, however as the function was on a Sony Android TV, I'd also like to know if my understanding of the funtion was correct and if it was specific to the Sony Android TV platform?

Also thanks for the links to the other forums, I had posted on XDA, but I added posts on these as well.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
jan.hansen957

Go to settings and download Android 8.0 for Mi Box. It is a huge update. You'll get what you are searching for.