Join now - be part of our community!

HD channels missing after retune on 31July2019

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
bobthegas
Explorer

HD channels missing after retune on 31July2019

Both BBC NewsHD and BBC4 HD are missing after a recent retune on 31 July 2019.

How do I re over them?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Or possibly it points to a problem with Sony TVs.

It sounds from the above that his friend’s TV was fine, still pulling in COM 7 and COM 8 even after the 31 July event, until he retuned it, when the set no longer detected these unchanged muxes on their unchanged channels.

At the risk of spoiling all his neighbours’ reception, @bobthegas needs to find somebody with a Samsung or other make of HD TV, and see how this behaves.

The thing I’m slightly wondering is if these TVs have locked on to a relay rather than the main transmitter.

Bob, can you check and see if you have:-

215 USAEntertainmentSDN     
22Ideal WorldEntertainmentARQ B     
23Create & CraftEntertainmentARQ A     

as these are channels that the main transmitter should have, but relay transmitters won’t.

Best now I think to talk to a local aerial fitter, as these are likely to know what is going on here.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
bobthegas
Explorer

My friends Sony TV was showing BBC News HD in the guide before he retuned, but on selecting the station there was no signal.

i have checked a neighbours Samsung TV. And he is missing all those channels on Com 7&8.

I rang the local Sony shop this morning and they confirm that the loss of channels is universal in the Cumbrian area using Caldbeck.

i am receiving channels 21,22 and 23 OK

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

Hi @bobthegas 

Here’s the bad news:-

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tvchanges/caldbeck

So Digital UK had it wrong, and those muxes are gone 😰

Edit: I’ve let them know, but it seems to have been fixed now, and those two muxes are no longer shown.

The good news, if good news there be, is that it is not a Sony TV problem.

I think a complaint to Ofcom may be merited, but I don’t know how far you will get.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
bobthegas
Explorer

Many thanks for all your help.