Join now - be part of our community!

Youview on demand not working

profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Youview on demand not working

Having got rid of Sky I've decided to give youview a go.

Is it meant to be really slow to navigate through the guide

But I can't get some of the on demand working. Was try to watch agent of shield on channel 4 on demand, got through the adverts then nothing. Pretty much the same with channel 5 as well

Have used a BT youview box which is much better and has more content, including now tv

Do I take it that the Sony android version is rubbish

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@sehuxle 

YouView on Sony Android TVs is a pale shadow of YouView on the boxes.

What YouView is capable of, and how responsively, is shown by how it operates on these.

There are few complaints about responsiveness on YouView boxes, nor about unpopulated guides, nor about On Demand apps that will not run past the adverts.

There is also the issue on these Android TVs, that YouView cannot coexist with satellite, which I am sure the YouView team would like to see addressed, and have no doubt done everything in their power to alleviate, albeit in vain.

I will leave it to you to determine where, in the YouView on Sony Android TVs equation, the issues that make you wonder if it is rubbish there might lie.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
sehuxle

Right I get it, it is rubbish.

This adds to my overall first experience of a Sony android TV.

The fact that my really old TV won't get the Oreo upgrade and now the pretty useless, half arsed implementation of Youview

Is it possible to give Sony a sarcastic kudos

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@sehuxle 

As high as half, you think?

Have a read of this post of mine, in a thread where closely similar issues are being discussed, for a possible way out.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…