Join now - be part of our community!

FaceTime and Webcam

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Seanm1955
Explorer

FaceTime and Webcam

I've just purchased and installed my KD-55AG9 Smart TV and rather dissapointed at the moment as after after researching it seems that the Android TV operating system does not support FaceTime or WhatsApp so my plans of communicating with the family during lockdown have been scuppered unless anyone knows different?

I've been able through an App to mirror FaceTime on my iPhone but cant see away of using a webcam either, again unless anyone knows different?

One the good side, the TV is fantastic!

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately officially is not supported and I didn't ever see here or in other forum anyone who found out a workaround

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Yes I agree is a fantastic tv, but it is a TV not a smartphone so those app are not enable on Android TV by the respective developer. Nor are they available on any other TV OS. The best you can do to share the video on a big panel is to cast the content of your smartphone (iOS or Android) or your pc to the AG9

profile.country.GB.title
Seanm1955
Explorer

Hi Rooobb, thanks for the confirmation on the OS and app availability. Maybe if there is enough demand they may make an app available.

Are you able to offer and information on the connection  of a webcam to the TV?

Tags (1)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately officially is not supported and I didn't ever see here or in other forum anyone who found out a workaround