Join now - be part of our community!

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

profile.country.GB.title
zlays84

Android 8.0 Oreo/ 9.0 Pie

Is it OK to expect Android Oreo on 2017 Sony Android TVs?

641 REPLIES 641
profile.country.IE.title
kebroad
Explorer

Hello again alanhudson and DEViANCE75. Sorry to bother you but can you guys just confirm that you've still had no issues since you updated? If so, I'd feel more confident about going ahead and updating my 55XF9005 model. 

profile.country.GB.title
alanhhudson

No problems at all since updating the firmware on my KD-49XF9005. 

profile.country.GB.title
DEViANCE75

No problems here also
profile.country.FI.title
Timo_S
Explorer

I have not found any major glitches (got the update about 4 weeks ago via
OTA). One random reboot happened. ARC etc work just fine.
profile.country.GB.title
neilwatts13

On a slightly separate note.... anyone installed and having issues with the new Disney+ app on Sony Android TVs?

Whenever a show finishes or I hit the back button on the remote to go to the Disney+ main menu, it closes the app completely and goes right back to the Sony Home Screen... Very frustrating!

profile.country.SE.title
raXXuz
Explorer

Hi all

I got a 55xf9005 and until 1 week ago i replaced my Sony MT-HT500 soundbar with a Sonos Beam.

Now starts my problems. To be clear i'm running the .6645 FW for the TV which is the latest. The Beam seems to be sending a deep sleep signal after a couple of hours which causes Android to crash which results in Android reboot upon TV start. Unplugging the beam solves the problem, the problem was not there with the Sony soundbar. This is a ARC problem i know but Sony stats that this issue should be solved. It is not. Can anyone else confirm this with latest FW.

Sony plan for the issue: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00223423

Recomended methodes from Sony does not solve the problem.

Sony forum about the issue: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-8-0-oreo-bug-xf9005-reboot-automatically-when-tur...

Does anyone know if Sony works on this problem still? Oreo first releas was witdrawn due to ARC issues but they see to remain. People in the Community seems to only have solved this issue when Sony has given up on helping them and replacing there TV's with a tv with eARC which does not seem to have this issue.

There is no statment anyware that Sony and Sonos arn't compatible using HDMI ARC.

profile.country.GB.title
alanhhudson

I’ve had a Sonos Beam connected to my 49XF9005 for over a year and have never experienced any issues with ARC. Are you running the latest Sonos firmware?

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@raXXuz just to understand your thought: you exchanged a sony soundbar that was working with a Sony TV, exchanged for whatever reason the soundbar with a Sonos that is not working one and the problem is with the tv?

profile.country.SE.title
raXXuz
Explorer

Motherboard is aparently an issue on the MT500 soundbar so i replaced it with Sonos. Sony soundbar is sent in for repair and if possible i will sell it due to the fact that alot of people state that the issue returns.

profile.country.SE.title
raXXuz
Explorer

I use latest FW. I also run with 2 Sonos One SL as surrounds if that could cause the issue. Great to hear that you got it working which means there is hope :slight_smile: . Please describe you configuration for sound and how you have configured your Sonos Beam.