Join now - be part of our community!

Strange astronomy cloud shot using ILCE-7SM2

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

Strange astronomy cloud shot using ILCE-7SM2

Hello happy Sony community, 

English is my 4th language and on the days like today, I am out of words so will be as short as possible.. 

Last week I bought my dream ILCE-7SM2 with SEL55F18Z and on 28.4.16 have swiched my camera on for the night time-lapse photography (1st test). Like every other greedy people I swiched time-lapse application on to custom regime hoping for the best results (10 sec exposure & 990fames)... 

Total sequence shotting took between 6-7 hours and in the morning before leaving for work I swiched my camera off.

Sky is my hobby and love fishing it daly! 

..later and after work on 28th (downloading/reviewing the footage) I noticed there is strange light behaviour around planet Mars so I stabilised my footage for better view. 

...working irelevent to imagery job I continue editing next day...

After I stabilised time-lapse shot on April 28th, I realised this 'think' is (sorry for my language) bigger than Mars!, Wow, wow me thought, The quality of ILCE-7SM2 + SEL55F18Z is more than serious, and am extreamaly happy to view entire footage pixels frame by frame. 

By making this post, I would like to ask Sony Technical Community for a help in understanding: Sony technology within a frame of (sily question by I have to ask - Can the light coming throe the viewfinder effect my picture in any way? 

link to my time-lapse (edited graphics) video: 

https://youtu.be/MTDaoecJ13w 

Am eager to hear coments from Sony Technical Department - dudes! 

We live and learn

:."O-O".: 

ilgainis

HDR-SR10E thought me to love Sony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

mentioning my name otherwice would of not seen this post cause i thought I deleted it. 

This video was my mistake!. it is Not any UFO or els and only - Do Not Photograph Night Sky Throe the Kitchen Window day! :slight_smile: 

More information can be found in youtube video description. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

Oh gosh! just found stupid grammar/logic mistakes written in main message. 

How

To 

Edit

Your 

??? 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

to edit you post click on the cog icon & select Edit Message..

Edit your post in the top section & then once happy click on Post..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ilgainis,

it would seem that nobody has replied to your question..

It may possibly help if you could supply what camera settings you used, i.e aperture, ISO, etc. during shooting the time lapse pictures..

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

...and a working link to the video would be helpful too :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@jumpsuit I think this is a working link..

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Cheers Thal :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome just need the additional info from @ilgainis now so that we can hopefully assist him with his time lapse issue..

profile.country.GB.title
ilgainis
Explorer

mentioning my name otherwice would of not seen this post cause i thought I deleted it. 

This video was my mistake!. it is Not any UFO or els and only - Do Not Photograph Night Sky Throe the Kitchen Window day! :slight_smile: 

More information can be found in youtube video description. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@ilgainis thanks for posting back & glad to read that you have indentified the problem..