Join now - be part of our community!

Imaging Edge Post IOS 13

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
pandsoborn
Explorer

Imaging Edge Post IOS 13

I can’t transfer photos anymore between my alpha 7II and my iPad or iPhone since upgrading these devices to IOS13. Resetting the wireless password or re-downloading the software does not solve the problem. Looking at the App Store I see that many folk have the same problem. Is there a fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
pandsoborn
Explorer

Hey Nic,

You didn't come back to me!

Fortunately, SONY eventually realised that IOS 13 had happened and that they needed to make modifications to the Imaging Edge Software. A patch was finally released and it now works as it should. I love my Alpha camera but I am seriously concerned about SONY's ability to provide good tech support and customer service.

Regards

Paul

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @pandsoborn,

which exact iOS version do you have installed currently?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
pandsoborn
Explorer

Hi, I have 13.1.2 running.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @pandsoborn,

I will check with support.

- Nic

steven248
New

Same issue iphone 7 running OS 13.1.2 following the upgrade my Sony RX100 Miii will no longer link to the iphone and I cannot transfer photos across. It has been fine for last year with no problems 😞

Steven

steven248
New

According to news on imaging Edge Mobile on the 5th October 2019 it states: on iOS13 the settings in imaging edge mobile should have location set to always. However this just resets to ask after selecting this?

Mr______P
New

Yes same issue. Reinstalled few times, reset Wi-fi, deregister phone from camera nothing seems working.  Come on Sony sort this out. On the app it says iOS 13 user to connect with QR code but where is the QR code to scan?

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Mr______P,

on you camera you can either display the SSID+Wifi passcode or a QR-code.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
pandsoborn
Explorer

Hey Nic,

Fortunately, SONY eventually realised that IOS 13 had happened and that they needed to make modifications to the Imaging Edge Software. A patch was finally released and it now works as it should. I love my Alpha camera but I am seriously concerned about SONY's ability to provide good tech support and customer service.

Regards

Paul

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

@pandsoborn  schrieb:

Sorry 😞

Glad to hear it works now.

- Nic