Join now - be part of our community!

a9 + a7R3 v a7R3 +a73

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
RoversRob1
New

a9 + a7R3 v a7R3 +a73

I bought an a7R3 in March last year and my wife an a73  in March this year. Before buying the a73 I considred buying an a9 so that we had a family choice between speed and Pixels a7R3 + a9. I sought advice at the Photo Show and was advised that unless I needed the extra speed no point in spending the extra money for an a9. This suggests that the only benefit of the a9 is speed. looking at u tube videos suggest that the a9 is a good general camera in its own right plus its power to lock on to a subject, better than the a7R3.

Grateful for other Sony owners experience and advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
deze70
Explorer

If you shoot fast action sports and wildlife etc most of the time... go for the a9.

If most of your photos are landscape/astro/for magazine etc and require detail, get the a7r3.

If you are using it for family, holidays, portraits and general snapshots just get the a73.

you will find that the a73 & a73 are more than capable of hiting focus with native lenses anyway.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
deze70
Explorer

If you shoot fast action sports and wildlife etc most of the time... go for the a9.

If most of your photos are landscape/astro/for magazine etc and require detail, get the a7r3.

If you are using it for family, holidays, portraits and general snapshots just get the a73.

you will find that the a73 & a73 are more than capable of hiting focus with native lenses anyway.