Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to use dualshock4 on ps4 remote play

SOLVED
kazutokirigaya
Visitor

Unable to use dualshock4 on ps4 remote play

Sony Xperia 10

I'm unable to use a dualshock4 controller on ps4 remote play for some reason.

It claims the device does not support it, yet it's a Sony Xperia and the controller works for literally everything else on the phone (including home screen and even in some applications that don't normally support controllers) with no issues.

[Edit: typo]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jonas
Master

Hi again @kazutokirigaya!

Our flagship models supports Remote Play with a controller since they are launched with Remote Play, however the devices that aren't launched with this feature and received it with the latest Playstation update, can only use the on screen controls. If you have a device that will be upgraded to Android 10 (I don't have a list of which of our models will be upgraded at the moment) or is currently running Android 10, you can connect the wireless controller to the device.

I'm sorry that you have received the wrong information, but please get it touch with this person and see if they can assist you further as everyone working with supporting Xperia devices should know which devices supports the feature or not.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jonas
Master

Hi @kazutokirigaya, welcome to our forum!

The update 7.00 PS4 Remote Play enabled Remote Play for devices that previously did not have it, but only when using the phone's touch display for game control.

To be able to use your Dualshock PS4 wireless controller, the device needed to support this beforehand (Remote Play support at launch) or you need Android 10 or later on devices that did not have Remote Play at launch/non-Xperia devices. You can find this information on the link below under "Android devices".

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/features/remote-play/

I hope that explains why you aren't able to use the controller to play!

kazutokirigaya
Visitor

So what your saying is I wasted my money on a xperia phone because it doesn't actually support remote play with a controller like I was told it did.

That was the entire reason I bought an xperia was so I didn't have to buy a laptop and Bluetooth accessories to use remote play

Jonas
Master

Hi again @kazutokirigaya!

Our flagship models supports Remote Play with a controller since they are launched with Remote Play, however the devices that aren't launched with this feature and received it with the latest Playstation update, can only use the on screen controls. If you have a device that will be upgraded to Android 10 (I don't have a list of which of our models will be upgraded at the moment) or is currently running Android 10, you can connect the wireless controller to the device.

I'm sorry that you have received the wrong information, but please get it touch with this person and see if they can assist you further as everyone working with supporting Xperia devices should know which devices supports the feature or not.

Flump1988
New

I'm android 10 and having the same issue