Join now - be part of our community!

Emergency Alert

profile.country.GB.title
Lupogirl
Explorer

Emergency Alert

Hi,

With the nationwide emergency Alert. It did not come through.  I have Xperia XA1  Android 8.  Looked at my apps. Had no emergency app.  Not sure if it is Sony or the phone company I am with EE that is the issue ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Lupogirl  :slight_smile:

The option to turn off emergency alerts would be in your settings, not a seperate app.

There could be a couple of reasons why you didn't receive one. It could be your network, however I heard on the News yesterday that only people with Android 10 or newer were receiving the alerts.

profile.country.GB.title
Lupogirl
Explorer

I ready a similar thing yesterday about Android 10. Oh well. Will see what happens........

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Lupogirl, the government said it won't be sent to all the nation, only a portion for testing. 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @HannahEd01 

There were errors in the testing system even amongst those that were selected to receive the test alerts. 

An interesting fact for anyone interested...the contract for the test was given to Fujitsu who sub contracted 

it to a company called Infosys, a firm run by Prime Minister Rishi Sunak's father-in-law in which Sunak's wife

holds millions of pounds worth of shares. 😉