Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM4 and iPad Pro (iPadOS 14.1) ANC only really working on EXTERNAL NOISE

profile.country.GB.title
NonhumanHominid

WH-1000XM4 and iPad Pro (iPadOS 14.1) ANC only really working on EXTERNAL NOISE

Hello

I’m finding it extremely difficult to get a straight answer to a straight question.

Bought the headphones 5 days ago from John Lewis 

I need to use them with 2 iPads (both Pros, both running iPadOS 14.1)

I have downloaded the headphones app and set the noise cancellation to maximum 

I am in an extremely noisy environment (slamming doors, alarms, people yelling).

With the ANC at maximum, I can hear everything inside the building as though I wasn’t wearing them at all, but I cannot hear anything from outside (no traffic noise)

I bought these because my Bose headphones died. Someone said to me that the issue had nothing to do with the MX4s, but my iPads. I don’t understand this as I didn’t have this problem with my NC700s before they died. The ANC on those was far superior.

If it was down to my iPads then surely I’d have read something somewhere about it (and I’d have had similar issues with my NC700s). I’m not buying that as a reason. Is anyone else using them with an iPad Pro (2nd and/or 4th generation) and having similar issues…?

All I’m trying to fathom out is if this is as good as the ANC gets - I’ve seen people calling them “superb” but to me they’re barely mediocre. I’m autistic I don’t understand these things - why would substandard ANC be the fault of my iPads…? I didn’t buy a noise cancelling iPad because there’s no such thing. I bought noise cancelling headphones that seemingly don’t cancel (all) noise.

Help please. 

0 REPLIES 0