Join now - be part of our community!

Walkman NW-A55 maximum number of tracks per album

profile.country.GB.title
vyiciu
New

Walkman NW-A55 maximum number of tracks per album

Does anyone know if there is a limit on the maximum number of tracks in each album on the NW-A55? To be absolutely clear, I'm asking not about the total number of songs in the entire music library, but rather just the number of songs/tracks in a single album.

I used to own an NW-A25. I have a very large digital music library consisting entirely of CDs that I've ripped, and a very large portion of my library is really large sets of classical music (for example, all of Haydn's symphonies spread across 30+ CDs, or all of Beethoven's works spread across 80+ CDs). When I ripped these sets into digital files, I tagged both disc number and track number. However, I discovered that the maximum number of tracks in any given album the A25 could handle was 255 — any more than that, and the track order would be completely messed up (I'm guessing it's because the total number of tracks is stored in the database with a 8 bit tally). I ended up having to split all my albums that had more than 255 tracks into multiple albums in the metadata, which I would rather not do for the sake of organization on my computer. Does anyone know if this problem has been fixed on the A55?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Unfortunately I cannot find any information regarding the number of tracks but if I remember correctly it was something around 9,999 files per folder. However, I might be wrong. So better contact Sony support to verify.

Cheers

Peter