Join now - be part of our community!

NW-A45 Walkman - missing new tracks and playlists

profile.country.GB.title
marukomu
Explorer

NW-A45 Walkman - missing new tracks and playlists

I've been using my A45 for a few years now and it has been totally fine in terms of transferring things from my laptop to the Walkman. However, I have recently encountered a couple of issues:

1. I sync the Walkman (from Musicbee, which is what I've always used) with the SD card in the laptop (again, this is the method I have always used) but when I put the SD card back in the Walkman it doesn't have any of the new tracks. I then need to rebuild the database from the reset menu, at which point the new tracks then appear. It's a pain as rebuilding the database takes ages (lots of tracks to rebuild).

2. Again when syncing the playlists are not transferring, even after rebuilding the database. I have tried limiting the number of playlists e.g. unticking them all and then just transferring 1 or 2 of them but still the same issue. 

I haven't changed anything else in the way I am using the Walkman or doing the syncing so it's all a bit strange. Anyone got any tips for this sort of thing?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
SatoruGojo
Community Team

Hey, @marukomu did you make sure it is updated to the latest software version 1.10 ? (Mac) (Windows

profile.country.GB.title
marukomu
Explorer

Yes, looking at the settings I seem to be on 1.10 already.

The other thing I notice is that if I add a new album by an existing artist then it comes across fine. But if I add a new artist then it doesn't. i.e. if I add to an already existing folder then it's fine but if I'm setting up a new folder then it's not. That doesn't help with the playlists but it may provide a clue for why (some of) the additions are not showing up.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @marukomu 

Did you try to format the SD card and try again?

Also, you can use the PC music centre to transfer content to your Walkman.

Download PC music for Windows => Instructions

Download transfer content for Mac => Instructions

profile.country.GB.title
marukomu
Explorer

I haven't formatted the card but I have deleted all the content and re-transferred it. I will give the reformatting a go. 

I'm a bit reluctant to switch to music centre, having spent a long time getting musicbee as I like it. I think also that the issue lies with the card or the Walkman as the files are definitely being transferred to the card but the Walkman is not picking them up.

The other thing I wonder about is the file limit with the Walkman. I've got a 1TB card and it has something like 1030 folders on it. I have seen other threads about there being a limit on the number of folders. I guess it might be worth trying putting the new albums in pre-existing folders, rather than creating new folders for new artists.

profile.country.GB.title
EMS_MO72
Community Team

Hey @marukomu 

have you tried to format the SD card yet?

Make sure to check the format of the files that you transfer to the SD card as well, to make sure they are compatible.

I'd also recommend trying PC music center even for once, just to compare between the 2 ways of transferring music. Maybe the app will be easier for you.