Join now - be part of our community!

registration

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
wraystyle1
Visitor

registration

hi guys im writing to ask anyone if they no why i carnt regeister my viao the i recently bought its a vgn-fz21m.for some reason it just wont have it plz help ive tryed contacting sony but they havent got back to me yet .:smileyangry:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi wraystyle1,

I think I am correct in saying that you can only register on line during the warranty period and this model must now be well past this.

You can ask for this to be done manually but you will need to call the OOW premium rate telephone number.

Follow this link, click on Contact Us and enter the serial number for contact options.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/hub/VAIO

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi wraystyle1,

I think I am correct in saying that you can only register on line during the warranty period and this model must now be well past this.

You can ask for this to be done manually but you will need to call the OOW premium rate telephone number.

Follow this link, click on Contact Us and enter the serial number for contact options.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/hub/VAIO

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
brrobin19
Explorer

Hi Rich

I noticed your advice that you cannot register computers during the

in-guarantee period, do you know if this applies to all other products?

The reason I ask, because 2days ago I registered my DCR-PC330E

camcorder on my personal site and that camcorder is now 7years old!

Best regards

Brian

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Brian,

No I don't know the registration requirements for all Sony products but I am almost certain that the advice I gave to the OP regarding Vaio computers is correct - I will of course stand corrected.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Cigarren
New

Hey!

Thank you for the reply! Iám not used to spell in english! Howevver Do I really need to make it by phone??

It seems like the "STONE AGE" like the lap IS!

Best Regards

Tomas Holmqvist

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tomas,

Unfortunately if the on-line registration process doesn't work for you then your only option is to contact support. However if the machine is now out of the warranty period there is probably little point in this now that the Vaio brand has gone.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat