Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix not working

SOLVED
macgers77
New

Netflix not working

I have just purchased a new Sony KDL-46W905A today.  I cannot get the Netflix app to connect.  I click on app and it gives me error NW4-8.  I have been in contact with Netflix and they can't even sort it.  Internet is fine - just can't connect to Netflix servers.  Has anyone any ideas it's driving me nuts

178 REPLIES 178
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @berty2001 

Is your Netflix working ok now?  These issues tend to be a network issue on your equipment, either on your home network or ISP.  First thing to do is connect a LAN cable from your router to the TV and change the TVs network settings accordingly.  Then test.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
martinb666
Explorer

Hi

Thanks for that.

I was always using a network cable rather than WiFi because I didn't want
the WiFi bottle neck.

I have 4G so hotspotted my phone and connected that way to take my ISP and
the router out of the equation. All worked and when I plugged the TV back
in to the router it continued to work.

All good

Cheers

Martin
berty2001
Explorer

No. Tried that but not working still. None of the other internet apps on the TV are working now - youtube, amazon all crash 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @berty2001 

A couple of other suggestions:

• Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed on your TV - You should be on PKG4.491EUA  (See : HERE)
  • Perform a factory reset of your TV (Instructions : HERE)

Set your TV back up after the reset - ensure that your TV can actually connect to the internet (ie Test iPlayer or YouTube) and then test Netflix again.

Cheers

berty2001
Explorer

Done both of therse. Have done everything thgat's in this thread. 

lockyn14
New

i am sure this is common knowledge now, but just in case. i had the problem with a new sony tv and not accessing netflix. solution was to deactivate patental control on my ISP. i was with BT. 2 mins later everything working.

I had this same problem with a KDL32W705C I purchased last week for my bedroom, tried all the usual stuff, factory reset, reset router etc.

The one that fixed it was using my iPad as a hotspot, connect TV to that and log on to Netflix.

Then simply logged back onto my BT router and its fine.

I spoke to Amazon tech support who said that they had issues like this before and its normally BT Broadband users that have this issue and its down to parental settings but I have no parental locks on my broadband settings.

Happy its sorted now though!!

Calavera00
Explorer

Hey everyone, hope you can help me. I get the Netflix NW-4-8 error on my Bravia KDL-55W805A and can't seem to get around it.

I have the latest TV Firmware (PKG4.560EUA/2013.2.4), the Netflix version is listed as sdk 4.0.4-release2034013. The nw-4-8 error at Netflix support says I need an SDK of 4.0.6 or higher. Is there a way to update Netflix manually? If I go to "Check your network" there's problem connecting to all Netflix servers, but Internet connection works just fine. Also, Netflix works just fine on my computer or my PS4.

Things I've tried:

- Wired and wireless connection

- Resetting my TV to factory settings both through the menu and also the "hold up" thing

- Reset my router (Apple Time Capsule) to factory settings

- Refresh internet content

- Disconnecting the TV from the socket

- Logging out Netflix from all devices

- Connected through a hotspot on my phone, didn't make any difference

I really don't know what else I can try. Any ideas?

Use the method of making your phone or tablet a wifi hotspot and connect that way.
Then just change back to your router and you should be in business!?

Worked for me

Sent from my iPad

I couldn't log in to Netflix kept getting message not connected to Internet......Sony had just done an update so.......

i did a factory reset and bingo all working again