Join now - be part of our community!

FIRMWARE/ SOFTWARE UPDATE Sony Bravia KDL-42W805A

SOLVED
syeahmed3
New

FIRMWARE/ SOFTWARE UPDATE Sony Bravia KDL-42W805A

HI, it is my first time using sony community online forum and I hope you guys can help me out.

I would like to know if there is anyway of knowing what the new firmware/softwares features?

e.g. on an apple device, when a new software becomes available there is a section telling you what the update is for. e.g. new features, new apps, bug fixes , stability etc etc

I would like to know what is getting downloaded onto my tv and how i can find out the contents of the upgrade of firmware/software. can i access these information on my tv or are these information accessible at all.

your help would be much appreciated.

thank you very much.

the model of my tv is 

KDL-42W805A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Information on the firmware upgrade are enlisted in the support page for your TV (in this very moment the site is down so you cannot get it) although Sony (as all the other TV manufacturer never release a detailed changelog about it: the actual description for this last update is (taken from the US site but should be the same for UK EUA version)

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG4.540AAA) provides the following benefits:

Improvements over version PKG4.510AAA:

• Improves general performance of the TV

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.540AAA:

• Improves performance and stability of the Internet TV features
  • Improves video and audio playback performance
  • Enables Transport Layer Security 1.0 (TLS1.0) to enhance security of Internet applications
  • Improves reliability to the Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL3.0)
  • Improves performance and stability of your TV
  • Improves the login function for the Skype® online calling service
  • Improves stability of the Screen Mirroring function
  • Provides HDMI® 2.0 compatibility (Applies to 4K models only)
    Supports 4K 60p (3840X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit, 4096X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit)
  • Improves stability of the sound output with a Blu-ray Disc™ player using an HDMI connection

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Information on the firmware upgrade are enlisted in the support page for your TV (in this very moment the site is down so you cannot get it) although Sony (as all the other TV manufacturer never release a detailed changelog about it: the actual description for this last update is (taken from the US site but should be the same for UK EUA version)

Sony has designed the BRAVIA® Televisions software update process to be customer friendly. This software update (version PKG4.540AAA) provides the following benefits:

Improvements over version PKG4.510AAA:

• Improves general performance of the TV

Benefits provided by previous updates and included in version PKG4.540AAA:

• Improves performance and stability of the Internet TV features
  • Improves video and audio playback performance
  • Enables Transport Layer Security 1.0 (TLS1.0) to enhance security of Internet applications
  • Improves reliability to the Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL3.0)
  • Improves performance and stability of your TV
  • Improves the login function for the Skype® online calling service
  • Improves stability of the Screen Mirroring function
  • Provides HDMI® 2.0 compatibility (Applies to 4K models only)
    Supports 4K 60p (3840X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit, 4096X2160p (59.94/60Hz) YCbCr 4:2:0 8bit)
  • Improves stability of the sound output with a Blu-ray Disc™ player using an HDMI connection
syeahmed3
New

Hi rooobb.. Thank you for your response. The information you have provided answers my query. Thank you once again.
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

You are welcome, I'm sorry that probably the information supplied are not enough to really understand what was implemented in the new release..