Join now - be part of our community!

Boot error on 32w706

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
AcsPrime
Explorer

Boot error on 32w706

Hey,

I bought a sony 32w706 a few months ago. I don't know when exactly this started but now every time I turn on the tv I get this msg:

Some applications are unavailable due to boot error.

Please refer to the i-Manual for more information.

I have tried looking this up in the i-manual but don't find anything that helps.

There are indeed a few things that don't work. For example if I put in a usb key I can't access through the icon on hte right corner.

How do I fix this? How do I clear the boot error?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are a few things you can try before contacting Support (of which they will get you to do anyway)

1. Disconnect the BT box completely from the TV (lets remove a possibility)
  2. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed.  See : HERE for more details.
  3. Perform a Factory Reset of the TV.  Instructions : HERE

If things still do not work after that, there is probably not much this forum can help you with.  Best to contact Sony Support : HERE

Let us know how you get on anyway - im curious to know :slight_smile:

Cheers

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

This sounds to me like the USB drive is inserted into the TV as you turn it on AND is a USB drive failure.  Try removing the USB drive then turn the TV on and see if this error message still comes up.

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
AcsPrime
Explorer

Hello,

There is no usb in the tv.

I get this error all the time and I have nothing connected to it except the BT box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

There are a few things you can try before contacting Support (of which they will get you to do anyway)

1. Disconnect the BT box completely from the TV (lets remove a possibility)
  2. Ensure that you have the latest firmware installed.  See : HERE for more details.
  3. Perform a Factory Reset of the TV.  Instructions : HERE

If things still do not work after that, there is probably not much this forum can help you with.  Best to contact Sony Support : HERE

Let us know how you get on anyway - im curious to know :slight_smile:

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
AcsPrime
Explorer

Hey,

It did work.

I updated the software but I believe it was the reset that did the trick.

Thanks for the help.

sam24south
Explorer

i disconnected bt box then reconnected. it seems to have cured fault.

caloiro1
New

I got exactly the same error. I did that procedure and it worked. But some days later the message apears again. Then i try to do the same and didn`t work. Can you help?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad english