Join now - be part of our community!

Changing email password

SOLVED
Not applicable

Changing email password

Hi,

I have the xperia x8...i had added yahoo mail as my email on the phone. It was working fine until I changed the password on my yahoo account (from web browser). Now I cannot send emails from there as it says password is incorrect but doesnt tell me where to change the password. Can someone tell me where I can go to reenter the details on my email account. Thank you very much

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

If you open up your Email account and press Menu button and select Account Settings then scroll to the bottom and tap on Server Info you should be able to edit your password in there.

If that doesn't work for you there is another way which is a bit more long winded so come back and let me know if you need it or got sorted.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
suze
Leader

If you open up your Email account and press Menu button and select Account Settings then scroll to the bottom and tap on Server Info you should be able to edit your password in there.

If that doesn't work for you there is another way which is a bit more long winded so come back and let me know if you need it or got sorted.

Not applicable

Thank you very much Suze. I was able to change my password and email is now working Slightly_smiling_Face

suze
Leader

Glad you got sorted! Happy emailing. Slightly_smiling_Face

Modern8
Visitor

I need help with my email. I changed my password but I have not been able to access or send emails via my phone. 

How do I get it sorted? 

PRUDENCE
Visitor

I was able to do this with one of my Gmail accounts, but not with the other email address since my phone claims that the authentication is "signed into Google" and the password can't be changed like the other one by using this method. Please help. 

Alias7086
Visitor

My husband has a new experia and can't get into emails as forgotten password 

Alias7086
Visitor

Where is the email account found?