Join now - be part of our community!

phone refuse to turn on, flashing red LED light only M4 Aqua

SOLVED
Aleks011
Visitor

phone refuse to turn on, flashing red LED light only M4 Aqua

last night before i go to sleep the battery was like 30-40%, and everything was working fine, but when i woke up this morning, the phone was turned off.. ok i thought got 0% battery and the phone turned off, i plug in the wall charger but then i noticed the white logo battery indicator didn't show up when charging like before, i got instead a big low battery icon with that like red line down which indicate the battery is low, but sometimes i'm getting an lightning icon over the battery (which is first time since i have the phone from November 2015 to see that icon). Also sometimes when the charger is in, the red LED light is turned on normally like is charging.. i left it like that for like 2 hours or more, then i noticed the red light was turned off.. i tried to turn on the phone, but nothing, the red LED is just blinking 3 times and that's all, nothing more, i did some google researches, i did with the power and volume up, multiple times, but no effect, the phone didn't virbrated even once, what else i noticed while i was hodling the power and volume up, is like after 30 seconds, the red LED is starting to blink twice instead of three times.. then one and goes all over again the same.. any solution to this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aleks011
Visitor

okay i was enable to fix my phone by myself, what i did was just holding the power and the volume + and - (up/down) but please people pay attention on this crucial part.. when the phone is showing the red LED light like is charging, press and hold down the power button and volume +/- for over 30 secs, give it a time, then just release and after like 10 seconds the Sony logo would appear and your phone would start charging normally, after that i turned on my phone and i'm using it right now.. Another important part is.. when your phone is on the charger and you have NO red LED light on it.. don't press the power and the volume +/- down (you won't damage your phone) but you would not get any fix. I would love to attach 2 photos so i'd explain a further about this problem which can ruin your day, as it did to me Slightly_smiling_FaceDSC00790.jpgDSC00791.jpg 
First picture (sorry i did not the picture without the lightning icon) so first gonna appear that Battery icon without the lightning icon, still DON'T press down the power and volume +/- buttons, wait for a couple of mins to appear that lightning icon over the Battery by checking that you'd have to press the power button once. Once that lightning icon appear that means the phone have some energy so then you have to press and hold down the power and volume +/- buttons for over 30 seconds and maybe 1 minute, for me tooks like 35-40 secs, so i left the phone and after 10 seconds the Sony logo came and the Battery icon changed like is shown to the picture #2, so when you'd see that icon like on the picture #2, then voila, the phone is fixed.. or it should be. I'd hope this gonna resolve further troubles regarding about this problem. Also just to mention if you don't see the red LED light to flash when your phone is on the charger, change it and connect it on the USB port and vice versa, and try it multiple times, don't get disappoint easy Winking_Face
Have a nice day/night/morning and cheers! Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Tiger00
Visitor

Must be an internal memory full issue - for some reason the phone dosent let you transfer the internal memory to the external chip. I have the same problem and my phone cannot start again. Very poor software quality in the phone I suppose. 

Aleks011
Visitor

nope, i don't have SD card inserted, so can't be that i bet... 
otherwise to mention i have the 16 GB version of the phone Dual-sim E2363 

Volzy
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem the light on top of my phone which usually turns on when you charge the device blinks several times in red light when I try to turn on my phone using the power button and both volume up and down keys. When I try to turn on my device with the same combination of keys while it is connected to the computer, i get this blinking light, however, when I wait a certain period of time and try to turn it on while not connected to the computer or charger, it vibrates and it show Sony, powered by Android and then it just gives me bluescreen. I tried using the PC companion to do a software repair but it does not work because when PC companion does not recognise my device when I press the volume down key on my phone and I connect it at the same time. Any solutions?

Aleks011
Visitor

what else i noticed is.. it shows up is ''charging'' for exactly 30 minutes interval.. after that time is turning off the red LED and won't go further more.. and this ''charging'' is appearing when i'm changing adapters like PC USB, then wall charger etc. 

Aleks011
Visitor

okay i was enable to fix my phone by myself, what i did was just holding the power and the volume + and - (up/down) but please people pay attention on this crucial part.. when the phone is showing the red LED light like is charging, press and hold down the power button and volume +/- for over 30 secs, give it a time, then just release and after like 10 seconds the Sony logo would appear and your phone would start charging normally, after that i turned on my phone and i'm using it right now.. Another important part is.. when your phone is on the charger and you have NO red LED light on it.. don't press the power and the volume +/- down (you won't damage your phone) but you would not get any fix. I would love to attach 2 photos so i'd explain a further about this problem which can ruin your day, as it did to me Slightly_smiling_FaceDSC00790.jpgDSC00791.jpg 
First picture (sorry i did not the picture without the lightning icon) so first gonna appear that Battery icon without the lightning icon, still DON'T press down the power and volume +/- buttons, wait for a couple of mins to appear that lightning icon over the Battery by checking that you'd have to press the power button once. Once that lightning icon appear that means the phone have some energy so then you have to press and hold down the power and volume +/- buttons for over 30 seconds and maybe 1 minute, for me tooks like 35-40 secs, so i left the phone and after 10 seconds the Sony logo came and the Battery icon changed like is shown to the picture #2, so when you'd see that icon like on the picture #2, then voila, the phone is fixed.. or it should be. I'd hope this gonna resolve further troubles regarding about this problem. Also just to mention if you don't see the red LED light to flash when your phone is on the charger, change it and connect it on the USB port and vice versa, and try it multiple times, don't get disappoint easy Winking_Face
Have a nice day/night/morning and cheers! Slightly_smiling_Face

Fixius
Visitor

Has nothing to do with memory. The reason you can't transfer from the device to external storage like sd card is because you can't transfer on any android phone when you on kitkat unless your rooted.

kashu75060
Visitor

give it a try with flashtool 

Blacklight82
Visitor

Thank you so much!! I got up with my phone having the same problem and i almost wnt crazy haha but luckily i found your solution, have a good day sir!

Im9999
Visitor

Man u r awesome i thought that my phone will not open again even though i tried to hold all buttons but nothing happened really thankful for that 😍