Join now - be part of our community!

Microphone not working during calls

SOLVED
Sonymanpro
Visitor

Microphone not working during calls

Hello,

When on a call (Sent or Receiving) my microphone doesn't work, the other person cannot hear me.

However if I go to speaker phone they hear me fine.

The microphone works fine in diagnostics.

I haven't downloaded any apps recently.

Is there an easy fix to this?

Thanks, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hari1
Visitor

Uncheck Microphone noise suppression. This may help. It have helped me. 

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Sonymanpro

could you test it on >>> safe mode

CameronT
Champion

Hi @Sonymanpro,

Can you also please go to Google Settings > Search & Now > Voice > "OK Google" detection and turn it off, then test your phone calls again?

Hari1
Visitor

Uncheck Microphone noise suppression. This may help. It have helped me. 

danidusk
Visitor

My phone have the same problem.

Now it evolves...I cannot even make a call, and have problems with network carrier.

They send me another SIM and still the same. It works in other phones...

Contact the french support for an exchange.

Really dessapointed with this phone and his laughtable 8GB memory...  Slightly_frowning_Face

VanJaarsvelt
Visitor

Having the same issue as well. I can hear the other party on the phone call but they cannot help me. I ran diagnostics on the phone but could only hear static, but would make a noise if I touched the microphone. I launched the phone in safe mode but no change was made and I then performed a repair update through the companion app but the issue has still not been resolved? Are there any other solutions that could be taken here?

Sonymanpro
Visitor

Same problem is safe mode. Minus

Google Settings > Search & Now > Voice > "OK Google" did not work. Minus

Uncheck Microphone noise suppression( In Call Settings) :smileyplus:

This seemed to have fixed the problem. 

Andy257
Visitor

I was having the same problem and I sent to fix it and one month later started the same problem.
What is going on with this model?

I`m really disapointed with this mobile and I`m sending again to fix it.

SC81
Visitor

Second microphone not working tried safe mode no joy!cannot use speakerphone or mic on viber etc!need help!!!turned off noise suppression made no difference!
Daz_Aqua
Visitor

Having upgraded my Xperia M4 Aqua (android version 6.0.1) to 26.3.A.0.140 I had the same issue in not being heard on calls made in the car, having used bluetooth to connect to Sync.

Interestingly if I started a call outside the car and then went inside and connected to Sync, my voice could be heard as the call sound transferred from my handset to the car stereo.

I'm very happy to say the suggested setting update worked and I can now make calls from the car.

Microphone noise suppression (Settings -> Call Settings) 'Yes' to 'No'