Join now - be part of our community!

Soniabravia KDL-46EX1 and apple products making TV unwatchable...am I the only one?

teachergirl

Soniabravia KDL-46EX1 and apple products making TV unwatchable...am I the only one?

:smileycry:Please please is there anyone out there who can help. I have the above named wireless TV and I love it. However when I bought an IPad two years ago I encountered a huge problem. It interferes with the TV screen and splits it into two and then four and so on. I contacted Sony and the (un) helpful man told me to turn off the wireless on the TV which would obviously render it useless. So for the last two years all ipads in the house have been banished to my bedroom. Which is the furthest from the lounge, as anywhere else they affect the TV. (we live in a large five bedroom house BTW so this is not a small problem.) Fast forward two years and I bought yesterday a small Ipad mini hoping that as the technology has moved on I would be able to use it in the same room as the television...but no the same problem occurs. I am now faced with buying a new TV, which I don't want to do, and at this current time, due to the lack of help from Sony would not consider another Sony TV or returning my ipad mini to the store which I also don't want to do.

Anyone?????

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I was thinking about cut/pasting the information for you last time, but thought naaa  :slight_smile:

Good luck with everything

Gwynne TV & Electrical Services Ltd
16-20 Benfield Way
Braintree
CM7 3YS
01376 322567

Central Service (Wickford) Ltd
Russell Gardens
Wickford
SS11 8QG
01268 766333

Tower Radio Ltd ( TR Service)
573-575 London Road
Benfleet
SS7 2EB
01702 552559

teachergirl

:smileyexclaim:Thank you.

teachergirl

:smileycry:Hello anyone still here?

Well here is my sad update. Of the three places listed only two remain open. One I have had dealings with before and whilst I would not avoid them they can be a bit unhelpful, so I decided to go with the third option and they were very helpful. They said there is no update for the television and they have had people with this problem before. It is caused by the HDMI cables to the media receiver acting as a magnifier to any wireless signals in the room. To test this I removed all HDMI cables to the box and watched a freeview channel and then brought the ipad into the room. It no longer split the TV picture. The only solution they had found was to replace the expensive HDMI cables with cheap ones and this seemed to stop the issue. I have done this but sadly it has not worked for me.

Does anyone on here have any more suggestions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As this seems to indicate an electrical interferance issue, instead of just replacing the expensive HDMI cables with cheap ones, have you considered replacing them with a shielded variety, of which they arnt expensive at all.  Such as :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Quad-Shielded-High-Speed-HDMI-Cable/dp/B002C1BHIO/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PLATINUM-High-Speed-ETHERNET-NINTENDO-PANASONIC/dp/B002HJ69DO/

Cheers

teachergirl

Thank you Quinnicus. I have duly ordered a new lead and I will let you know how I get on.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Tachergirl,

whilst you are waiting on the new cables to arrive could you please confirm what version software your running on your Bravia.?

You should be able to find this by pressing Home on your remote then scrolling to Settings..

In Settings I believe you select Digital Set Up then scroll to System Information which hopefully should allow you to view the software version..

teachergirl

Hi there it is BV-EF-A-CBBFE-ACYBD.

However I am now not hopeful for the HDMI cable leads. Last night I tried using the scart socket to connect the TV. It was as expected an awful picture but it still split the screen. Then I tried with no external connections again. ie just the freeview and the screen split, so obviously when I tried this previously I did not leave the ipad in the room for long enough. So I am back to it being nothing to do with the leads.

teachergirl

:smileyconfused:Anyone still here????

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yep, still here - So what was the update to the HDMI cable replacement, as from your last post, you wasnt very confident.  So Im assuming that this didnt resolve the problem?

Cheers

teachergirl

:smileycry:No did not work

Spoiler