Join now - be part of our community!

SMP-N200 internet connection issues

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
fazerroy
Explorer

SMP-N200 internet connection issues

Hi All,

Last night I went to watch a program on I player. I couldn't get past the start screen. I then went to channel5 and was able to stream a program, normal bpm rate. I could also access all the Sony content. Then I lost the internet connection. I'm using a wired connection to my BT hub. All other devises were picking up their wired connections and Wifi. All diagnostics showed the internet connection to be good, except with the N200. I performed the reset, removed it from the electricity supply for a minute and treied to do a reset on the connections pages or so but......

I've had the machine for a year or two now.

I was strange that I was able to pick up some of the streaming options but not I-player, then I lost the connection altogether, any help would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It appears that BBC iPlayer is at fault and down at the moment.  As I cannot use it on my TV either.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
fazerroy
Explorer

Thanks for the reply, I'm not an expert on these types or things but I'm surprised that I could access the other streaming areas untill I lost the connection altogether, maybe 20 minutes after I noticed the I-player issue. I was able to access I-player from my phone and Tablet though.

Gizzo59
Explorer

I cannot watch iplayer on my SMPN200 but I can watch other channels on it. I have had to start using my laptop to watch iplayer. 

Anonymous
Not applicable