Join now - be part of our community!

Replacement blu ray for DAV-IS50?

SOLVED
kefrase57
New

Replacement blu ray for DAV-IS50?

Hi, newbie here.

I've got a DAV-IS50 which is I am happy with, especially the golf ball speakers, but wondered if there is any way of updating/replacing the player with a blu ray one? Or adding one to still work through the surround sound?

Merry Christmas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you cannot just replace the DVD component to a Bluray player - but you should be able to add a bluray player to the TV and output the sound via the DAV-IS50.  See pages 29 and 41 of the manual : HERE

However personally, I would replace the whole lot for a new Home Cinema system though - if budget allows

I now know what you ment by golf ball speakers ! 

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Unfortunately you cannot just replace the DVD component to a Bluray player - but you should be able to add a bluray player to the TV and output the sound via the DAV-IS50.  See pages 29 and 41 of the manual : HERE

However personally, I would replace the whole lot for a new Home Cinema system though - if budget allows

I now know what you ment by golf ball speakers ! 

Cheers

kefrase57
New

Hi Quinnicus

many thanks. I have bought a factory refurbished Panasonic DMP-BD77EB-K Smart Network Blu-ray Player for £40 with 12 month guarantee. It works really good, gives me access to my PC and the web and goes through my surround sound.

Enjoy the rest of Christmas and havea Happy New Year!