Join now - be part of our community!

DN1040 playing pictures and movies

SOLVED
Sipiimi
New

DN1040 playing pictures and movies

Brochure sad DN1040 is able to play pictures. I have tried it with usb, dlna and Ipad audio remote. I can see the picture file, but it does not shown on the tv.
I have tried it with jpg.

I also tried to play movei. Non of the formats was played. I am not talking about blueray. A small avi is not played either. My 4 year old tv can play movies.

I am very disapointed. I have other problems, too. for example: The tv signal does not goes through when the DN1040 is turned off. It worked before well.

I could also talk about the menu ussage, too. But using tvsideview is also a mess.
Sony management should try what they selling today. Able to do something or doing it user frendly is not the same nowdays.

Back to the question. Does Dn1040 can play picture or/and movies?

Thanks in advance for your support
Imre from Hungary
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sipiimi wrote:

Hi there

The STR-DN1040 cannot play photos or movies via DLNA Streaming or USB playback.  Where did you get this brochure that says it does?  If you look at the manual as well as the product specifications, it only mentions music.  Therefore other types of media is not supported.

You also mentioned:

"The tv signal does not goes through when the DN1040 is turned off. It worked before well."

But you might want to ensure that Pass-through is ON or AUTO - Page 94 of the Manual : HERE

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sipiimi wrote:

Hi there

The STR-DN1040 cannot play photos or movies via DLNA Streaming or USB playback.  Where did you get this brochure that says it does?  If you look at the manual as well as the product specifications, it only mentions music.  Therefore other types of media is not supported.

You also mentioned:

"The tv signal does not goes through when the DN1040 is turned off. It worked before well."

But you might want to ensure that Pass-through is ON or AUTO - Page 94 of the Manual : HERE

Hope that helps