Join now - be part of our community!

connecting a soundbar

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
salimali99
New

connecting a soundbar

I have a Bravia KDL-40S2010 which does not have Optical output. I have a Sky HD box and a Panasonic Sound bar.

Following the various instructions I have connected the optical output of the Sky box to the optical input of the sound bar and a cable connection from the audio output of the Sky Box to the audio input of the sound bar.  I have therefore made no alteration tto the Tv cabling but have turned the Tv speakers off.  There is no great difference in sound coming from the sound bar.  Is there anything else I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gofrost

Is this the connections you have made  optical out from sky box to optical input on soundbar and then a red and a white plug connection the same way ? If it is you only need one or the other not both,'i assume that the sky box is connected via hdmi then you only need an optical connection from the sky box to the sound bar.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gofrost

Is this the connections you have made  optical out from sky box to optical input on soundbar and then a red and a white plug connection the same way ? If it is you only need one or the other not both,'i assume that the sky box is connected via hdmi then you only need an optical connection from the sky box to the sound bar.

salimali99
New

That works, many thanks for your help.