Join now - be part of our community!

BDP S4100 to DA1200ES audio issues

SOLVED
Nep-one
New

BDP S4100 to DA1200ES audio issues

I have just purchased a Sony BDP-S4100 player to replace my BDP-s360 which failed to update, crashed and just reads error. I have tried to connect the BDP-S4100 via a HDMI lead to my Sony 7.1 DA1200ES receiver and while my projector will display the pictures there is no Sound. I had the same problem with the previous model and my PS3 but was able to resolve the problem on the BDP-S360 with a digital sound lead. Both work fine when the HDMI is plugged straight in to my TV. I'm not sure what I'm missing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I just wrote a rather lengthy instruction set for you to follow, but have had to scrap it, as I have found the following in the STR-DA1200ES manual

STR-DA1200ES.jpg

I have hightlighted the key section in red.  From what I take on that, is that this AV Receiver (baring in mind its about 7 years old now) cannot decode/extract the audio from the source via HDMI.  This then means you will need to connect an additional optical cable from the BDP-S4100 to the AV Receiver in order to output audio correctly.

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I just wrote a rather lengthy instruction set for you to follow, but have had to scrap it, as I have found the following in the STR-DA1200ES manual

STR-DA1200ES.jpg

I have hightlighted the key section in red.  From what I take on that, is that this AV Receiver (baring in mind its about 7 years old now) cannot decode/extract the audio from the source via HDMI.  This then means you will need to connect an additional optical cable from the BDP-S4100 to the AV Receiver in order to output audio correctly.

Hope that helps