Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z1 problems

SOLVED

Sony Xperia Z1 problems

Hi name is Amratpal in October I purchased the Sony Xperia Z1 from Vodafone it was fine or 6 weeks then it started crashing a lot turning itself on and off, freezing and getting very hot so I took it in for repair at Vodafone they couldn't repair it so they gave me a replacement phone now what I am not happy about is that my replacement Sony Xperia Z1 phone wasn't charging properly and it was getting hot 2 weeks ago I sent it off for repair now I want to know what will happen now because I cant keep having a phone if it keeps having problems all the time

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Amratpal21,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

As Mobile phones processing power & battery sizes increase they can run warm especially when running processor hungry apps check out the following thread as there are lots of reports of the Z1 overheating  - Sony Xperia z1 getting hot (the thread may get a bit confusing in places as several threads have been merged into one hence why it is 18 pages long..:smileywink:)

Have you received any overheating warning messages, if so you could check that you are not running CPU hungry apps in the background such as Antivirus or ones that check your Geo location, etc also see if there any updates for your Xperia Z1 but from what I have read the latest version does not seem to have stopped reports of overheating..

But as Quinnicus suggested visit the Xperia Support forum but before posting a new question do a search of previous threads because there are several already regarding the Xperia Z1 getting warm which would be worth reading..

At the end of the day if you are concerned then either contact Vodafone for further support or the Xperia Support team using the following details - Contact Xperia Support

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

You might be best to post this on the Xperia forums instead. 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Amratpal21,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

As Mobile phones processing power & battery sizes increase they can run warm especially when running processor hungry apps check out the following thread as there are lots of reports of the Z1 overheating  - Sony Xperia z1 getting hot (the thread may get a bit confusing in places as several threads have been merged into one hence why it is 18 pages long..:smileywink:)

Have you received any overheating warning messages, if so you could check that you are not running CPU hungry apps in the background such as Antivirus or ones that check your Geo location, etc also see if there any updates for your Xperia Z1 but from what I have read the latest version does not seem to have stopped reports of overheating..

But as Quinnicus suggested visit the Xperia Support forum but before posting a new question do a search of previous threads because there are several already regarding the Xperia Z1 getting warm which would be worth reading..

At the end of the day if you are concerned then either contact Vodafone for further support or the Xperia Support team using the following details - Contact Xperia Support

cxmzsw
New

I bought my Sony Xperia Z1 last September, it keeps craching and autamatically turning off itself, I am very disasspointed with the product, so I had to buy another iPhone 5s, and hardly use it now, don't know if I can return the product, I was a big fan or Sony products for years!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi there and welcome to the forum.

Have you tried posting in the actual Xperia forum to get advice about if you can return it etc?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/

Edit: Oh dear the member posted this 2 weeks ago and hasn't been back to the site since :cry:

debsgss
New

My Z1 does exactly the same thing. I have had it just over 16 months and it has happened a few times and while if I just leave my phone for a few hours to run down it then dies and let's me recharge this is highly irritating and not what I expect from a Sony handset. I have been picking Android over IPhone for years now and after this phone I am contemplating making my next phone Apple. .. Urgh.