Join now - be part of our community!

ZF9 & HT-ST5000 netflix freeze / audio loss.

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

ZF9 & HT-ST5000 netflix freeze / audio loss.

Hello all,

Recently owner of a HT-St500 soundbar, but im experiencing some issues when connected to my ZF9.

When I stop certain HDR games on my xbox one x with atmos enabled, the sound just fades and I have to restart the game or turn off and on my soundbar to get audio back. The audio stays away when going to the home screen of my TV.

Also, recently my netflix and youtube started to freeze. When I force close them a couple of times, they work again but netflix stops loading videos at 20%, and youtube doesnt load the video after the ads. I use the eArc function on my TV.

I saw that the american version of this TV got an update saying it fixed the netflix issues. The same update version from EU does not mention anything about that. Is this TV still getting updates that may fix these issues? Or is there a setting that causes these kinds of issues?

I already factory resetted them.

--------------------------------------------

< Removed identical message in Dutch language and moved thread to UK Community. Please only post in the Dutch language in the NL Community, so everyone can understand what's being discussed. Thanks. > 

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Hi,

So, I had an almost identical issue with my ZF9. I called Sony and they advised me that they are aware of this and are in the process of releasing a new firmware.

I was getting this issue almost every time I ran a built-in app on the TV, such as Netflix, Disney+... I had to do a full restart of the TV to get the sound back.

After some kind advice here, I found that my eARC was turned off on the TV (for all my HDMI ports), albeit it was 'on' on the soundbar. Once I turned it on, it seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I hope this helps.

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

Hey! Thanks for the info. When did you hear about the new update? Also, was it from the official support channel?

Btw, how did you turn on earc? I only have the option 'auto' in audio output settings

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Hey Moepkid,

It was about two or three weeks ago when I called the official Sony Support - it was the day of the latest FW for the TV was released. I had hoped that the FW would have fixed it, but it did not. So I called Sony and the lady explained that they were aware of it but no date for a fix.

Is your question regarding turning it on the TV or the soundbar? I do not know how to do it on the HT-ST5000, but on the ZF9:

- Home button on your remote -> Setup -> Advanced Settings -> HDMI Settings -> eARC (turn on).

On my TV:

Menu -> Watching TV -> External Inputs -> HDMI Signal Format -> Change each of the HDMI from 'Starndard' to 'Enhanced'.

I hope it helps.

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

Thanks man! You are on 3626 also? Btw, thanks again. I had set everything like you said but still the issues so nothing left but to wait on Sony now. I really hope they give another update on this.

profile.country.GB.title
apjoseph

Oh that's rubbish!

I have the KD65XG9505 with FW 6.3626, so yep.

I am sorry to hear that. I do hope Sony releases the FW fix soon as many on this forum are complaining about the same issue.

Just a test: try connecting a streaming device directly to your TV and see if your apps/device runs OK on it.

Arun

profile.country.NL.title
Moepkid
Explorer

Yeah everything else workse fine on my Xbox or ps4 so it's a bummer 😞