Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bazza525 @Sjhowells

The SoGA doesnt really exist anymore.  Purchases made on or after 1 Oct 2015 comes under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.  See :

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/general-chat/consumer-rights-act-2015/m-p/2055673

profile.country.GB.title
lgcebr

There seems to be a pattern here which indicates multiple 9305 sets failing aorund the same time.  Our set failed in late November 2016 seven weeks after buying it - completely dead no powero or operation at all.  For two of those weeks we were on holiday so it was pretty much brand new.

At first the retailer Richer Sounds wanted to take it in for repair but we stuck to our guns about a £1800 TV lasting more than seven weeks and they kindly replaced it with the same model.

I have to say that Richer sounds are pretty good once you get past the initial "computer says no" standard response.

flycop2000
Explorer

I bought my TV from Richer Sounds on the basis of their good customer service reviews.

The Engineer who came to take my TV away for repair said that his company do a lot of repairs for Richer Sounds and John Lewis and if the repair is going to take a while they normal replace with a new TV!:smileyhappy:

profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

My 9305 failed after nine months.  I emailed JL customer services and asked for a replacement or full refund.  Took delivery yesterday of a replacement XE9305 ( I paid the difference in cost).  Anybody on here with this issue and having to wait weeks for a repair should write to the retailer and demand a refund or replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

I have emailed SONY Senior Complaints Manager Stefan several times now with suggested dates/times to ring me about this issue.

I am getting no answer at all..... Says its all, long may this thread grow, SONY do not deserve our business or any prospective customers

kbpc01
Explorer

So mine has just died today after 9 months of having it (purchased on August 2016). I did notice odd behaviours at the start but didn't think much of it...

There seems to be a pattern that all models purchase in 2016 has this fault.

Just contacted Sony via email and I wonder how long it will take for me to hear a reply...

Am really disappointed as I use to advocate them.... :smileyd_oh:

profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

If you have a faulty product you contact the retailer/supplier of the tv, not the manufacturer.  However, nothing wrong with also pestering Sony who have a product with a significant fault.

flycop2000
Explorer

I spoke to my sony service centre on Friday 28th April who informed me that sony UK? or whoever supplies the DPS boards were expecting delivery on May 1st and hopefully I would have me TV repaired and returned by the end of that week? :slight_smile:

I also contacted Consumer Direct and asked them what was a reasonable time for a repair?

The agent told me the law was a bit grey on the subject of time! but normally up to 28 days is acceptable?

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

I bought this TV from currys pc world in oct 16 and 3 weeks out of the box it failed i.e. Nothing tried would get it to turn on. I rang currys pc world who in hindsite should have replaced it but I was pushed to Sony as the TV came with a 5 year guarantee. The TV was returned to RRC in Birmingham who returned it working but with damage to frame and stand. Eventually Sony replaced the TV in December and now in April 2017 the new set has the same error. It's going back to RRC tomorrow and I await its 'safe' return. The PCB is at fault and Sony say it's 2% fail rate and will not recall the product. I have had 2 sets both with this issue.....in my opinion it's a 100% fail rate ? Any further issues and I will demand full refund plus costs and give Samsung a go as I can't fault the set I have had to buy so that I can watch something whilst trying to get Sony support in Egypt to understand the problems and RRC in Birmingham to collect/repair/return the set.

profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

New Sony XE9305 delivered and installed onto the wall bracket. JL have taken away the faulty XD9305.  Picture on the XE even better than than the XD.  Be interesting to see how this Sony product performs.  If we get the loss of all power on this 2017 set I will push for a full refund and bin Sony.