Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

Engineer advised replacement DPS board required, surprise, surprise!  Asked why they don't carry spare boards when they get the call to repair this loss of power fault, that would mean Sony acknowledging there is a known issue.  So, our expensive tv will be out of action in total for 2 weeks. Shoddy Sony!

profile.country.GB.title
sharpharp

Hi all,

I have an appointment with Sony's Complaints Manager next week, trust me I will make damn sure that SONY take responsibility for this issue !!!!!

Will report back, watch this space

profile.country.GB.title
warburd1
Explorer

TV still not fixed, repair agent advises delays in receipt of part from Sony, now expected 20th April, no TV for three weeks.

flycop2000
Explorer

My TV broke down on  Easter Good Friday holiday, everyone on off until Tuesday:smileyshocked:

After I managed to get through to the correct service centre the engineer said its a known issue and they had already replaced 10 circuit boards and now they were on back order:smileysad: Hopefully I wont have to wait too long for a repair or a replacement.

profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

Update.  Following this issue with loss of power I wrote to customer services at John Lewis.  I suggested it was unacceptable for a tv to fail after just 9 months.  Clearly also a known fault.  I requested a replacement or full refund.  Few days later John Lewis offered full refund or replacement!  That's customer service for you, :slight_smile: and why I wouldn't consider purchasing this sort of kit from anywhere else.

In the event I decided to upgrade to the Sony XE9305 and pay the difference.  Kit due to arrive next week.  Ironically during the time I was negotiating with JL for the replacement an engineer arrived and replaced the DPS board. 

pratikdparekh
Explorer

I have the exact same issue - except mine has now failed for the second time in the space of 6 months.  The part is on back order and I am stuck waiting as a result.

This is actually shockingly shoddy.  I have had such poor customer service that I have raised a formal complaint.  I suggest everybody else does likewise and does not let this go.

Sjhowells
Explorer

I eventually got my TV fixed after a very difficult fiasco with JL customer services including being lied to several times by 'managers'

First they sent me their Samsung engineers on a Friday who couldn't make it on the Saturday as JL had promised.

They then insisted that I must give them another chance and that their Sony engineers would order the part in then fix at my house so I wouldn't be inconvenienced too much further. The engineers rang to tell me they would need to collect and repair in their workshop and that they had emphatically told JL this on the phone.

So another 2 half days leave required to fix the 'main board' (don't know if this is same as DPS board?)

In fairness the engineers (both Samsung and Sony) were great guys and very helpful. The JL customer services managers were terrible.

The TV has worked fine for the last few weeks but I live in fear it may go wrong just after its 6th month Birthday and I will have to speak to JL customer services again 😞

profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

This is clearly a known fault.  Under the Sale of Goods Act the retailer has the right to attempt to repair the item.  However, if you can show the fault was present at the point of sale you can request a replacement or full refund.  Surely anybody on here suffering with this issue would write to the retailer and request a replacement or refund?  I did when my Sony failed after nine months, JL did the right thing and offered a refund or replacement.

I do have a purchase history with JL going back a few years, not sure if this might have been a factor in JL replacing the unit after nine months.  They have a reputation for offering the very best in customer service. 

flycop2000
Explorer

My TV was picked up by an authorised  repair centre on Friday 21st April. The engineer said that the DPS boards were still on back order and if the repair was going to take a long time? I would get a new TV!

Sjhowells
Explorer

I requested a refund under the SOGA as it was a known fault but JL insisted on repair - scroll back a few pages.

i also have a long purchase history with JL but the manager I dealt with (Alice) didn't give 2 hoots about that!

Perhaps you came up against a more reasonable manager!