Join now - be part of our community!

XD9305 - Loss of all power

XD9305 - Loss of all power

Hi - Has anyone experienced a loss of power on the new XD9305?  Having switched TV off as normal yesterday, it is now dead.I have checked power and I have checked fuse - a 10Amp one and still nothing.I have also tried the button at the back and the remote ( and changed batteries).

Very frustrating as having bought the latest TV Sony have out ( in June), less than 6 months later TV is dead.

239 REPLIES 239
profile.country.GB.title
TudRich

I have the same fault with the sound. Nothing coming out from the tv to the external soundbar but internal tv speakers ok. I've had to power down the tv twice since having it back from being repaired to get the sound working again.

Have tried new HDMI cables but no difference, definitely another problem with this model.

Wish I have never bought this tv. With the limited amount of android apps its pointless and the picture quality is not that brilliant either.

profile.country.GB.title
LF69LF

Hi Guys,

Today I received a call from Stefan at Sony uk they have agreed to replace the TV with New KD-55XE9305 and pay my costs. 

To say I'm pleased is an understatement, Sony thank you and I have again got faith in your brand and your prompt responce to my concerns 

profile.country.GB.title
Deviskan
Explorer

How did you make contact with Stefan?

Did you call a specific department/tel number...or was it via email?

profile.country.GB.title
LF69LF

They got my details from the court papers

profile.country.GB.title
iaboard40

Exactly what I got an XE for a dead XD it took nearly 6 months but I did have 2 dead XD's I also got £150 in compensation. I would recommend everyone with a 2016 XD set to insist on a 2017 upgrade. The precedent has been set. This is the 3rd person I have known it be offered to.

Sent from my iPhone
profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

I went back to John Lewis when my XD failed after 9 months and asked for a full refund or replacement.  They agreed and I accepted a replacement.  In the event I upgraded to an XE and paid the difference in price.  The XE is a stunning tv, picture quality even better than the XD.  Good luck to all on here with XD's, demand a replacement or refund, it's clearly a tv not fit for purpose.😡

profile.country.GB.title
Deviskan
Explorer

Believe me...I've sent multiple messages to 'Claire' one of the Customer Care people at John Lewis...

I've messaged Paula Nickolds (John Lewis MD)...who just passed me back to Claire.

I've threatened court action, been escalated to the 'final' tier of their complaints process (Senior Customer Care person)...and they have all said the DPS repair is the resolution, that they won't replace the TV or allow me to pay the difference for an XE.

So find it fairly interesting they simply gave you one at the first point of complaint?!?

profile.country.GB.title
LF69LF

Morning,

They have agreed to replace the TV after I issued court proceeding not before please I got independent report plus all the forum comments on this TV

Regards

Lee
profile.country.GB.title
bazza525

Looks like I might have got lucky with John Lewis for some reason.  I do have a long track record with JL, maybe that was a factor.  Ironically, whilst waiting for the replacement to be sorted, my XD had a new board fitted, so when the XD was eventually collected by JL it was working.  As the XD was fitted to a wall bracket JL also installed the XE onto the bracket free of charge.

profile.country.GB.title
Deviskan
Explorer

Would it be possible to share the independent report you obtained please...as it may help others and myself that are experiencing this issue?