Join now - be part of our community!

When are KD-55AF8 TVs getting Airplay?

Piourk
New

When are KD-55AF8 TVs getting Airplay?

I saw that AF9s where getting it?

Come on this is just software update.

This should take 5 minutes to implement.

Tks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It was never advertised nor planned to implement it on this tv model. If you want you can try any app in the store that support it in anycase 

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Forget the App thing. The primary use-case of AirPlay IMHO is to project Apple content (iTunes, Apple TV+) to the big screen. And that just does not work with any 3rd party app.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Kuschelmonschter  most of the people wants airplay to just mirror their iPhone screen. If you want to do it for AppleTV+ you can avoid airplay and cast it from a PC. didn't try but probably works.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

@rooobb  schrieb:

most of the people wants airplay to just mirror their iPhone screen.

Are you sure? I am an iPhone user and I primarily want to project iTunes/Apple TV+ content. I do own an Apple TV 4K however. I can however imagine that people want to do so without buying one.

If you want to do it for AppleTV+ you can avoid airplay and cast it from a PC. didn't try but probably works.

Apple does not support Chromecast. They use their own technologies. I don't know whether the stuff works within a browser and whether you can use some sort of screen mirroring. Since this will have quite a dramatic impact on image quality, I won't try it either.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Chrome supports both tab and desktop mirroring and of course it is far less efficient than pure casting. But hey if you are an apple fans you should buy apple TV like you did. Or wait for them to release and android tv app . And may push them to do it. Even pure airplay is a workaround for this use case.