Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL-55W755C stuck in a boot-loop, not even factory reset working

profile.country.FI.title
Khhhalle
New

Sony KDL-55W755C stuck in a boot-loop, not even factory reset working

Hello again.

Yesterday when I went to turn my Sony KDL-55W755C TV it would not start, just 2 days ago it was still working perfectly. I have bought this TV only 2 years ago.

When the TV turns on the Android logo pops up and does it's animation and then it leaves the screen, like it should to. When the logo disappears the bottom LED indicator dims off and the TV shuts down. It then stays shut down for few seconds and does the same thing over and over again.

I have tried:

- Factory reset, with the 4-button menu method from Sony's support site. I have done this 20-30 times, I wait for the green light and let hold of the key combination when the green light is still showing. TV just boots up to Android logo and continues the boot-loop.

- I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back on. I have tried different wall sockets with no luck.

- I don't have have any extension cables hooked up on the TV other than the power cable that Sony gave me.

- I tried to download firmware update from Sony's support site. I put it to a USB 2.0 drive with the "*.pkg" in the root of the USB drive which I had formatted as FAT32. I then proceeded to plug it to the TV, both while it was already on and before I turned it on. Same boot-loop occurs, no sign of software installation happening.

I don't move my TV, I don't install apps on my TV, I dust my TV.

I still hope I can resolve this.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Unfortunately there is nothing else you can do other than call the support and let them analyze the tv.

profile.country.BG.title
Gworan
Explorer

My KDL-55W807C has the same issue, 1 year and 11 months after I bought it. So it was still under warranty and the store sent it for service. I don't know what they did, but they said they replaced a faulty part...  

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

It was probably the main board, maybe it can be still not so much expansive to repair it