Join now - be part of our community!

USB recognition

profile.country.GB.title
richymeister
New

USB recognition

Hello. Plugged in usb stick to watch movie saved on it. Tv does not recognise usb in inputs. The tv is about a year old so pretty new. How do I go about accessing the information on it? I am not very tech savvy so nice and easy solution please cheers!!!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

There's no USB as input. Start Video player and you should see USB content there.

profile.country.HU.title
botimarci
Explorer

I have exactly the same problem. When I insert any kind of USB stick into any port on my KDL-55X8509C 4K TV nothing happens. When I try to find the files on the stick via an app, the USB stick is not available. There are no connected devices from the video app for example. From Sony help nobody answers me, they simply do not give a sh*t that i have an unfunctional TV set. I tried USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and FAT32 and NTFS. Tried factory reset and so on... Nothing helps. In the menus under external devices the sticks can be seen but it says “calculating” the storage space. This lasts forever. So the ports are working and providing power supply but still cannot be used properly.

Does anybody have any info on this issue?