Join now - be part of our community!

USB-data corrupted

SOLVED
profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

USB-data corrupted

Hi!

I have Sony KD-55XD9305 tv. I had recorded many movies on my USB-device and last night all that diappeared. TV was booted it self in the middle of recording and after that the usb disk was emty! USB disk is few years old Samsung 595Mb disk!

Markku

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

Thank you for all your good advices!

My friend got my previous Samsung hdd fixed using Easy US Partition Manager-software  when hdd was connected to PC and formatted to fat32 format. I connected the hdd to my Sony tv and usb-recording process was ok, atleast so far. I dont know the reason why my Sony was booted while recording an what corrupted the Samsung disk. Luckily I"ll got the hdd fixed.

Case was more difficult, because my new Segate hdd did not  work at all. So I and also the Sony Support in Finland thaught that the reason was faulty USB-controller inside the tv and they were starting fixing process.

The real reason for this failure is not known, but I may face it again in future. These Android models seems to be quite complicated and maybe they are too early in the market?

Thank's for the Sony Support in Finland, they did what I'd expected and they had patience enough to read my posts and answer my calls!

Thank's all the people at this forum, who consulted me in this case!

And sorry of my bad english😊 Markku

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

The TV still recognize your hard disk? You may want to try a reboot of the TV (pressing the poweroff button for long time)

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

My Sony does not recon my hdd anymore. I bought a new hdd, Seagate 1TB disk and this doesnt work either. It behaves like my  earlier hdd! I made factory resetting but no help of that! So I put message to Sony support in Finland. I wonder if my new tv is broken or what?

I made Android reboot before factory settings and tried to use both hdd's old and new! No any good results!

@rooobb wrote:

The TV still recognize your hard disk? You may want to try a reboot of the TV (pressing the poweroff button for long time)

Markku

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @UtiP1005

Are you using an extension USB cable from TV to connect the external disks?(other than the disk's cable)

Is this a blue USB3.0 extension cable?

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

Thank's! I am using that cable, wich came with the new hdd. It is a short, black USB3-type cable.

The hdd disk, the new one, is Seagate 1TB Expansion Rescue Edition, so may there be some software inside the disk that prevent it working with my Sony? Is there any rcommendations for the Sony 9305 Android TV USB hdd? I don't see that kind of information anywhere?

The firmware and software of my TV was uppdated when I first time installed this TV few weeks ago. With my pevious hdd I also used original cable wich came with it when I bought it.

I almost regret that I bought  this nearly 2000$ TV!

Br. Markku

profile.country.GB.title
TWLeebo

I know this will sound strange but try a longer USB cable. I had the same problem, and with a bit of checking I found on the Sony site that the cable must LONGER than 40cm (I think that was the length quoted). It's almost the exact opposite advice for most cable issues, but as soon as I used a longer usb cable, it all worked fine. Good luck.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @TWLeebo and @UtiP1005

My suggestion does not concern cable length. Cable length is not a problem in USB3.0 ports.

The problem that exists in USB3.0 ports and cables is fitting contacts EXACTLY.

I bought two Sharkoon USB3.0 extension cables and both of them have connection issue with all USB3.0 disks and all USB3.0 flash drives that are connected on them.

Also, two out of three USB3.0 ports on my PC motherboard have a connection issue that is solved by slightly moving Flash drive or HDD cable. The problem with USB3.0 is that all 9 contacts must fit exactly to operate properly unlike USB2.0 and 1.0 that use 4 contacts. If only common the 4 contacts(5V, G, D+, D-) are contacting OK on a USB3.0 cable then port does not work but it works with a USB2.0 cable. I don't know why :thinking:

Many issues are ports and cable related and not compatibility. Same thing happens on HDMI cables and ports. Bad contacts creates unexpected issues.

Your case I should try different cables and if available a USB2.0 port or USB2.0 extension cable.

profile.country.FI.title
UtiP1005

Thank you for all your good advices!

My friend got my previous Samsung hdd fixed using Easy US Partition Manager-software  when hdd was connected to PC and formatted to fat32 format. I connected the hdd to my Sony tv and usb-recording process was ok, atleast so far. I dont know the reason why my Sony was booted while recording an what corrupted the Samsung disk. Luckily I"ll got the hdd fixed.

Case was more difficult, because my new Segate hdd did not  work at all. So I and also the Sony Support in Finland thaught that the reason was faulty USB-controller inside the tv and they were starting fixing process.

The real reason for this failure is not known, but I may face it again in future. These Android models seems to be quite complicated and maybe they are too early in the market?

Thank's for the Sony Support in Finland, they did what I'd expected and they had patience enough to read my posts and answer my calls!

Thank's all the people at this forum, who consulted me in this case!

And sorry of my bad english😊 Markku