Join now - be part of our community!

Recording a series from the EPG

profile.country.GB.title
Kernowkid66
New

Recording a series from the EPG

Hi all,

I'm struggling to find an option where I can set the TV to record a series instead of individual programs. Is this possible?

Thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @Kernowkid66, welcome to the Community.

This should be possible. You don't mention which TV or recording device you're using, so it's difficult to be sure.

The settings you need sometimes appear within the HDD recorder setup, which you access via the Recording Settings on the TV. This post details the initial procedure. Series record should be an option there somewhere, although it's difficult to be sure without knowing the TV model number etc.

Hope that's of some help. If you can provide more info, we may be able to be a bit more specific :slight_smile: 

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Kernowkid66
New

Hi Mick. Firstly, many thanks for the reply.

I have the  KD65XF87. I have trawled through all of the recording settings again and again, but still can't find anything that resembles recording a program series. Only single programs.

I have used a spare portable HDD and set it up to record from the TV. I clicked on your link and it's exactly the same as mine when setting up for recording. 

Such a shame. I thought series recording was a pretty basic function these days!

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Kernowkid66,

I believe that after pressing REC Timer, you will need to select your preferred routine under REPEAT from Once, Weekly, Every day, etc. Since the TV does not recognise the individual episodes as a set of programmes belonging to a series from the EPG. It only can be programmed to record on a predefined interval, which means that if the series is no longer aired, you will have to delete the timer recording task manually.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Vinnyma

This seems unbelievable these days as sky & youview  boxes have had this function for years and I've just undated my tv to the AG9 & it's like stepping back in time twenty years 😄

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So @Vinnyma you have bought a master series OLED tv and the only feedback you have is "Oh my God I cannot automatically record my dvbt series any more... i have to struck two more buttons!"

profile.country.GB.title
Vinnyma

I appreciate my new tv as I've saved my hard earned cash to perchance it.

I don't need personal waffle just genuine answers to the related issue.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry I have been harsh, but it seems to me you were not looking for an answer since you wrote in a thread that was already answered for. You just didn't like the solution. Since I'm a italian and not inside Sony organization I can only imagine the reason why this option is no more implemented: since it is only few years that UK firmware has been merged with the European one and this series recording was mostly specific to UK marked (in Italy it was never implemented by boradcaster) probably has been cut off. But this also was a customer requirement since in the past UK firmware updates were  always late compared to EU ones. I think you should live with it and IMHO it is not a major problem, probably you think the opposite

profile.country.GB.title
Vinnyma

Thanks for reply...tv is an AG9 I've found the repeat feature in the record list which I intend to give a go.

It just feels like with this method you could miss a program in the series if the program schedule changes & the youview menu doesn't have a recording feature at all which after using sky & Humax boxes for years seems antiquated by today's standards. 

profile.country.GB.title
Vinnyma

• Thanks for your reply..I'm new to these forum business as you can tell.
  • I use a Humax youview box to record series of programs then watch them back later & skip the advertisements as from the catch up services you can't skip advertising which ruins the story in some programs. 
  • Cheers for your reflection on the issue 👍